Register now to get rid of these ads!

last try

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by CTFuzz, Jun 1, 2003.

1. [image]c:\mydocuments\myalbums\mytruk\154.4.jpg[/image]

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

3. OK guys, here it is in a nutshell.

The first thing you need to understand when it comes to posting pics into your messages on the HAMB is that you CANNOT link to pictures stored on your PC at home. e.g C:\My Documents\MyAwesomeHotRod.jpg will not be visible to the Internet no matter how hard you try. (Any computer geeks out there please do not start talking about web servers etc).

What you have to do is get that picture of yours up to a web server somewhere. Luckily for us HAMBers, Ryan has been kind enough to supply us with a feature that allows us to upload pictures to the HAMB. Now this is a very rare and unusual feature for a web forum and you should appreciate and not abuse it. Not many webmasters want their servers filled up with pics of all sorts of crap and Ryan is no different, so after a week or so the pics are deleted.

To actually upload the pics, you need to write what you want to say, the click the "Continue" button with the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file " tick box checked. It will then allow you to browse to the file on your computer and upload it to the HAMB server. You can only upload one pic per post, but you can "trick it" and upload several pics and paste the code into your message, but that's probably too hard for you at the moment (no offence).

If, like myself you have your own website, you can link directly to pics hosted on that website. e.g...

burnout2.gif

Pretty fucking clever huh?

Depending on where you have your pics hosted, you may or may not be able to remotely link to them. That means you won't be able to display a pic directly in a HAMB post, but you will be able to put a link there that people can click on.

A couple of other things that you have to know and MUST abide by otherwise the pics won't load are;

1. DO NOT PUT SPACES IN YOUR FILE NAME. e.g Call your pic My28Roadster.jpg NOT My 1928 Roadster that has red wheels and whitewalls.jpg.

2. If you are uploading to the HAMB, keep the file size LESS THAN 80KB.

Apart from that, there's nothing to it!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Douglas

Douglas
    from Scotland

test

Attached Files:

5. thanks Broot
    one more time...o.k., it works. Sorry for all these "tests" thanks again
    CT.

6. No worries man. It's my job!

Can't help much with how to weld an engine mount, but can tell you most of the shit you need to know about your computer. Is that a good thing???

Now post away. Pics are great, any excuse will do for me... in fact, I feel one coming now! [​IMG]

Another test...

drags4.jpg

7. just trying to re-size......a test