Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last thing's first!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bluthndr, Feb 26, 2005.

1. bluthndr

bluthndr

Okay, now that I've been on here and made a few posts, I'll go ahead and take the first step - kinda backwards I know, but I'm good like that.

Let's see... I'm 29, and manage a Belle Tire store in SW Michigan. I have about 6 years experience as a full time auto tech, and can pretty much fix most things on a car. However, I know very little (a big fat nothing compared to most of you guys) about body work and fabricating. I'm sure my first rod will be pretty rough, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

For reasons I do not understand, I have always wanted a built flathead in a hot rod. Now I have 4 Model A bodies (tudors), a flathead, and a 6x2 olds intake, and a growing collection... I have known I wanted to work on/build cars since the age of 13, but got pushed/sidetracked into college and a white collar "career" before I wised up and quit to turn wrenches.

I will contribute when I can and hope to learn a lot from all you pros. This is really something special here - it's wild that I can actually "talk" to people whose books I have read or who I have read about. Way cool.

Up to this point I've pretty much been an Olds (or more specifically, anything but Chevy) guy, but I am broadening my horizons. So after some experience drag racing, building a lifted, modded diesel truck, and other such nonsense, I want to become a REAL hot rodder. Something about hot rodding is almost spiritual - and in a way a connection to my "roots" and where mechanics (the good ones) came from. I hope when I die they send me to Bonneville to drive a flatty powered roadster...

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

Welcome aboard, you are gonna like this place, and the GMB's. -Joe

3. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

4. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal