Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LARS no cooler rule??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Badfella, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Badfella

Badfella

Is this true?? For the last 17 years I've brought a cooler and it came in very handy.

2. Fordors

Fordors

The new sheriff in town must have new rules. I wonder just how well the new regime will be received, it'll be interesting to see what comments come out.

3. Badfella

Badfella

Yeah just re-read it. No coolers, no alcohol. Haha, good luck John!!

Hatchet and olscrounger like this.
  4. Be a shame to have to smuggle in water!?!?!? No tellin what they get for a bottle.

mgtstumpy likes this.

5. Those are Fairgrounds Rules, nothing new there - Nothing to do with John or Rodshows - How it is enforced will remain to be seen.

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I asked at a local show once and it [no cooler] was aimed at booze, soda or water not an issue..But..There is always a but!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

just Cool Cats allowed

Special Ed likes this.
  8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hahahaha ... cooler in the rear armrest was a factory accessory on my Jet. I seriously doubt that I'm banned ... :D

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was asked at the entry once, "Any alcohol in there?" "No, I was told get it from you. No?" "No man, I got nuthin either.", smiling. "Gimme a list, I'll back out and head to the store!" "I wish! Go ahead..." and in I went with the gratuitous jug of Apple Pie. Sometimes it's all up to you, how you handle yourself, not to take the little shit so serious.

Hatchet and Special Ed like this.
  10. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

By NOON today over 2/3 of the swap spaces were SOLD !

razoo lew likes this.
  11. There will be a cooler going in with me.

Special Ed likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep the local fairgrounds has had the same rule for years and we survived but you just have to be discreet if you have adult beverages in your cooler. That's what a cup that looks just like the fairground vendors use is for. Or any mug that doesn't look like a beer container.

The rule comes from one of two sources: The gal who had the concessions at the fairgrounds here told me that the liquor dicks held her responsible for everyone drinking alcohol on the fairgrounds during the time she had the beer/wine garden open. Another source said that some individuals bitched and whined about guys walking around with open cans or bottles of beer when the spectators were on the grounds. I'd say it is some of both. The venue wants to protect it's sales and not have any beverages brought in so that the participants and spectators aren't shelling out coin to the vendors. Then there are those that get their nose out of joint if they see guys and gals walking around with a can of beer but unless things have changed a hell of a lot since I went to Goodguys in Plesanton a few years ago that is hard to imagine. If you didn't have and adult beverage in your hand you were in the minority in that place.

Special Ed likes this.
  13. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I sell water out of a cooler every year, even sold to LA Roadsters members, nobody really cares.

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This is making me thirsty!

15. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Yes, same rules since the show has been at Fairplex. Just be a little discreet.

Special Ed and deucemac like this.