Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Larger rotors & calipers for Mustang II spindles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fairlaniac, Jan 26, 2015.

1. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

I have a Heidt’s Mustang II frame installed on my ’64 Comet. It is a project that I bought from someone who lost interest. It has the upper and lower control arms with OEM MII spindles and 4 lug rotors. I want to put 11” 5 lug rotors. Not know much about MII conversions, is there such a rotor out there and what calipers to use? Trying not to buy s whole new kits since everything I have is new except I don’t want small rotors. I’d be willing to by an aftermarket spindle with provisions for new calipers if needed. I am familiar with the Granda/Maverick brake swap. I have them on my ’66 Fairlane. Will the Granada/Maverick spindles, rotors & calipers mount on the MII control arms? Sorry if this is basic stuff to some of you. I’ve never done too much mix and matching.

2. cshades

cshades
    from wi

The Granada rotors are a direct swap for the MII including the bearings and seals. I usually use a aftermarket bracket for the calipers and whatever the company suggests for caliper. The heidts brackets use a 78-88 monte carlo cailper.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just what cshades said above, but I'll add that if you can find the cast or forged version of the brackets, life will be much happier! I've had the plate versions warp and bend over years of use, leaving my walls decorated with strangely shaped Granada brake discs.

4. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I have used the cast brackets also and they actually look nicer than the fabbed brackets.

5. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

Thanks, I'll check into it. Thanks for sharing your opinions about the varying brackets.