Register now to get rid of these ads!

lanlord changed the locks and new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyjack, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

So my buddy has had my roadster for 5 months for paint, last week i found out he has not been paying the rent for the shop and the landlord changed the locks. I went on Google maps and found the property owners and spoke with them on the phone, so today i have a day off work to go rent a trailer and get my car back

So this is a great week today I get my roadster back and I dragged this home yesterday

[​IMG]

2. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

And it came with a repopped trunk a set of rumble seat hinges and a spare body.
    [​IMG]

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Need to get you a new buddy,luckily you got it back.Had a shop here in Fla get in trouble with the IRS and they came in locked everything up tight and it took months of bullshit for owners to get their stuff out.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's really a good day!

5. madhman

madhman

That sucks!! Usually these stories end up with you losing your car though.. You looking for someone to paint it? Send me a PM

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Is it just me, or is there still a hell of a lot of old tin in Wash?

7. Hell George they still drive that stuff in the NW. Last time I was in that part of the counrty for a drive they still had cars for sale at the same gas stations I went to when I was a kid that looked like the same cars we bought when I was a kid.

Lot of old tin in the NW

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm about 20 miles north of the border, I havent been down driving the Washington back roads for about a decade, maybe its time for a road trip.

9. There is a NOS (neat old stuff) auto wrecker in Arlington. Happy for you bloodyjack.

Doug.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Isnt there still a fair bit of stuff out your way?

11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Ahh sigh of relief

[​IMG]

12. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

The guy I got it from hauled it all the way from South Dakota

13. hey leave our stuff alone ;-) but seriously that spare body looks better than the main one

14. Damn! Glad you got your car back.

To be honest..... I am surprised with everything else you have done to that car that you aren't painting it yourself.

edit: Just wanted to clarify that I mean the above statement as a complement.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  15. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

He had it for five weeks and that's all he did, spread goo on the quarters and doors. You're lucky to have it back.

16. hasty

hasty

Looking forward to another excellent build thread (on the coupe).
    Glad you got your roadster back - nice car, by the way. I have really enjoyed reading about the build.

17. im glad it all worked out for you. i cant wait to see more about that roadster!

18. Congrats! Glad to hear you got it back!!

19. 55chevr

55chevr

I had an engine block in a machine shop that ended in bankruptsy. Had given a $100.00 deposit as well. I couldnt get the block back and I had to bid for it in the liquidation auction. There is a happy ending. I got it for less then the original quoted price for the work. It was tanked, align honed, bored. I knew what was done and the other bidders only were bidding on scrap metal. I also got another 4 bolt SBC block for scrap price.