Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lame Newbie Lurker Intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrobrother, Dec 31, 2004.

1. OK, I've been lurking here for a while and I don't want to be visited by the Intro Police now that I've replied to a message. I found youse guys from the HAMB Drags pix site.

I live in Lee's Summit, MO, just on the outskirts of KC, and I work as a programmer at the Harley-Davidson plant (yes I have a bike, a Road Glide -- 90 mile daily roundtrip means I wanted something big and comfy; no, I don't have a tat; no, I can't get you a discount on a bike). I'm 46, married, with four kids. Enough of the boring stuff.

My very first car (in 1978) was a '40 Plymouth coupe with a 283 and Powerslide. Cool enough, but I wanted something better and tore it down to insert a 340-6pak/727 out of an AAR. Lose job, sell engine & tranny and a bunch of parts, move now Large Pile of Parts three times to new houses, start business, lose my shirt, sell now 24-year old project to make house payment. I have an SVT Focus now to keep my sorta-cool car jones goin'. I have lots o' parts in the garage, but no project at the moment, just dreams.

I use Nitrobrother as my alias because I've always been a funny car fanatic and helped build the resurrection of the Flying Dutchman AA/FC in 2000 and was the clutch monkey at the few races we were able to afford to run at.

This is WAY longer than I wanted it to be, but I get ramblin' sometimes... [​IMG]

Back to lurking,
    Andy

2. jerry

jerry

don't worry about the intro length. welcome to the madness. good luck on a new project.

jerry

3. Welcome nitrobrother! You will be at the HAMB Drags in 2005 right? Welcome and enjoy!

4. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

welcome from Texas

5. jangleguy

jangleguy

Welcome. If you can dial in a fuel clutch, you should be a valuable addition here. Hope you find your dream car soon, and build it...

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome !!!

7. [ QUOTE ]
    Welcome nitrobrother! You will be at the HAMB Drags in 2005 right? Welcome and enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll plan on it. There's an engineer at the plant with a 27-on-A-rails mit flatty, a shoebox Ford, a '55 Ford, AND an original '30 A sedan (I'm jealous of single guys with large paychecks!) that I've talked in to making the run down there this year.

8. raven

raven

Cool,
    you're just down the street from me.
    r