Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lakes/Lime Fire Baffles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hr31hr, Mar 8, 2007.

1. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

I have a set of Sanderson Lime Fire lakes headers and I am considering using these inserts instead of an under car exhaust. Has anyone used these? If so I would like to hear if they affected the ceramic coating and was the noise level tolerable? By tolerable I mean if you were driving normally they would not attract the wrong attention.

Thanks

http://www.carchemistry.com/shop/index.php/action/item/id/107

Attached Files:

2. Hanksville Hot Rods

Hanksville Hot Rods
    Alliance Vendor
    from Denver-ish

I like these inserts and have installed them on a customer's car. We used the 3", 3 disc flanged version which was inserted into the 3" pipe at the end of the customer's exhaust. It did provide a slight reduction in the noise level but this was at the end of an exhaust. If used on the ends of lake headers, I would not expect much noise reduction unless you wrap the inserts with fiberglass packing, and/or weld the caps on the ends of the inserts.

Have fun!

Hank

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Are these removable from time to time? Or once their in their in? A friend of mine asked me about these a loong time ago and I never had an answer fro him.

4. Hanksville Hot Rods

Hanksville Hot Rods
    Alliance Vendor
    from Denver-ish

Yep, they're removeable. They are designed to fit into the respective tube sizes, so for instance on the 3" version we found that there was enough difference between the id of the tube and the od of the insert, so that we were able to take it in and out easily. We used the flanged version so that it bolted up to a standard universal 3" header flange. Sealed well with no leaks or rattles.

Hank

Attached Files:

5. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Thems nice but a bit pricy.
    We had a thread here not to long ago about making your own on the cheap.

Craig

6. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Can someone take me to it? We here on the coast is poooooor.

7. catman

catman
    from El Reno

I believe it was called "el cheapo header baffles" and it looked like it would work...

8. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

This is just one of many.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123933
    do a search for "baffle"
    There was even some talk about VW stinger baffles for about $15.00:D That's actually easier n making them.

Craig :cool:

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I saw the post... looks like a great and fairly easy idea. Thanks guys somehting to do for an afternoon.