Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects L&M Stripping in Van Nuys, (Los Angeles)anyone ever use them?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kursplat, Jan 9, 2015.

1. kursplat

kursplat

got a body that spent a lot of it's life near the ocean, and has a fair amount of scale in places that I don't want to deal with trying to clean and seal any other way.
    I'm still looking around, but considering how close they are to me, I'm worried it's too easy :D http://www.lmstripping.com/
    any other suggestions in the los angeles area?
    thanks
    chuck

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. I had Ajax's on gloria ave. in van nuys do my control arms. He's an old hot rodder. There were a couple of older bodies getting done there when i was there. Cool guy, good prices too.

3. Not sure if they still are, but they were one of the last places I knew of that were "grandfathered" in, so that they could still do "acid dipping". That's were we went in the older days to lighten steel body panels. If they are still using caustic solution, the parts MUST be thoroughly rinsed, or any solution left in nooks & crannies will slowly eat away at the base metal. Lots of people use media plasting these days for that reason, & the EPA restrictions, on harmful caustic solutions.

4. kursplat

kursplat

ya, I used to live and work over there and was surprised to see them still doing this. surprised to see anyone still doing this here. the nook and crannie thing is my only concern with the dip, but I'm just as bothered about not getting all the rust out of the same places. either way, if it doesn't get cleaned right, it sucks...

thanks voodoo, Ajax's web site doesn't say anything about dipping but i'll call them next week.

5. kursplat

kursplat