Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage L.A. Roadster Show!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Awesome shots...looking forward to seeing it myself next year

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6242.JPG Not quite sure why this is loading doubles of some and none of others.... The carrying case for that Olds engine was my favorite deal of the meet!

Attached Files:

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Still having difficulties with the picture loading stuff... Gonna go out and work a bit and back in in a bit.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6248.JPG SAM_6250.JPG SAM_6247.JPG One S'ghetti dinner later, I'm back to try again...

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

One sort of surrealistic moment or two back at Walden's was when I heard that Conan O'Brian was there at the show. It was shoulder to shoulder and I just heard a couple people say it, then thought nothing of it. 'Bout a half hour later, I broke into the circle with Piero and Hot Rod Ron and a couple others, and Ron smacked me and said "Dude, e SAM_6251.JPG verybody thinks you are Conan O'Brian....".

Attached Files:

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6252.JPG

Attached Files:

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I haven't had one ounce of trouble loading pictures until last night. I can't be the only one? Nothing is loading the same way twice...

Special Ed, I sure as heck wished we had crossed paths the other day! You are another of the many members here that I would love to meet face to face.

Yup, the saving the parking space thing was real and it sorta felt kinda good on the back laying there on the hard street after that long ride...

8. Sam Davis (Carsick), former pilot of the Freight Train, owns this sweet 5 window.

[​IMG]

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Loved that car! I was in the show for all of 15 minutes, and that was the first shot of the meet.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

uh, Conan is 6'5" ;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not buying the delusion, just stating the fact! I actually get that a lot even though I don't see any resemblance.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6214.JPG SAM_6213.JPG

Back at Walden's....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6295.JPG SAM_6272.JPG Anybody that knows me knows I have a soft spot for full fendered "T"s...

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6288.JPG

This thing fit the description "Jewel like"... SAM_6291.JPG

While seriously less "jewel like", this had cool points beyond belief!!! SAM_6292.JPG

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Wondering if Chip has got the Ivo grin off his face yet.

Great show. Hooked up with some great HAMB friends, SANY0093.jpg SANY0094.jpg SANY0096.jpg

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6303.JPG

This one is for ElPolacko, as for the twenty five years he and I have traveled to this show he has always accused me of taking pictures of the same three cars every year.... Well, this is one of them!!! Brian Bauer's '29 is one of my top 5 favorites EVER!!! Cool guy too that never fails to shout across a street to say "HI" when he sees me! How cool is that to get to know the guys who you looked up to via the pages of magazines as a kid in real life?!!

SAM_6309.JPG

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gary, you letting me take your "T" for a put around the grounds was one of the high points of the weekend for me by far! I never in a million years expected you to do that, I just simply wanted to feel how the small amount of padding in your backrest felt... Thank you sir, just wish the grounds weren't so congested so could have really had a putt....

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6313.JPG

Off to the NHRA...

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6315.JPG SAM_6319.JPG SAM_6314.JPG

21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Chip, you have been clicking "upload a file" twice. I did that a few times until I figured out how it works.

Say you upload five photos…then after you get all of the progress bars completed, all five are loaded are loaded. Then , when you click the full-size option button to finalize that action, then only the first two photos show in the window at that point. All five are loaded full size, but you only see the top two. That's when I started clicking again and they got loaded twice. Hope this explanation makes sense.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6343.JPG SAM_6345.JPG SAM_6344.JPG

I LOVE the NHRA museum, but they really HAVE to do something with the lighting in that building. You almost need a bat's sonar to see anything in there these days...

23. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It was fun for me too. The whole weekend.
    We'll do it again sometime.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Thanks Tom, ya that does make sense.
    I always feel so bad loading my coverage of stuff after you do! Some day I hope to get much better at photography, but you just knock it outta the park every time!

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, and that grin on my face aint goin' anywhere anytime real soon!

I hope this getting posted means that you made it home okay.

26. Damn nice pics....I wish i was 6 1/2 hrs from LA.

27. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Did get home well,though had a trailer tire come apart on way. Luckily near a friends shop and no damage to persons or roadster and friend helped with the fix. All's well.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6216.JPG SAM_6217.JPG SAM_6219.JPG SAM_6218.JPG

Had to go back to Walden's and the Kersh family sedan delivery. This thing is as cool as they come. If memory serves correct, it was originally conceived by the father of the current caretaker (Rick, I believe) back in the early fifties as a shop truck for their sign business. I guarantee that you have seen it's stable mate, an equally dropped '29 closed cab pickup whith a flat head for power. Although it looks severely channeled, it in actuality rides on a deeply double stepped frame and the cockpit remains quite roomy in both cars. I almost didn't recognize Rick running around this year, 'cause I had never seen him with a shirt on! This is one of those famliies that really needs much more written about them, as some of the stuff they have built over the years has been completely mind blowing...

BigJoeArt likes this.
  29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A couple of guilty pleasure pictures for me. The dark colored truck is kinda o/t with it's 17" wheels, but the STANCE!!! The long bed is something that I'll be shooting for myself as soon as I can get a couple of projects done and gone from my yard. Again, ooooooo that stance! SAM_6229.JPG

Attached Files:

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Last one for me.... This is wildly off topic, and if I have to delete it I certainly will. But, Saturday allowed me to have a short reunion with what is perhaps the stupidest car I have ever loved, my insanely low mileage '71 V8 Maverick. Judy and I bought this car with a mere 23,000 miles on it in '07, and quite story came with it of a guy that loved it, (bought it new, too) and a wife that hated it. last year we let it go to John over in L.A. for funds to purchase the 'Bucket, but I do miss it very much.... Looks like the salt air isn't playing fair with the original paint, but it gets driven everyday, and even crashed Pebble Beach last year! I don't mind admitting I gave it a quick peck on the white top, and I KNOW it recognized me!!! SAM_6255.JPG SAM_6256.JPG