Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage L.A. Roadster Show 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, Jun 16, 2019.

1. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Seams like the L.A. Roadsters pulled off a very successful recovery from their disastrous last show. The swap meet was huge and well organized, plenty of outhouses to relieve ones self, couple of places to get a beer and best of all closer to cars to look at. The vender area was outside like it used to be and close to a place to get a beer. Cars on display were close by to everything including places yo get a beer or eat. Good job L.A.Roadsters...

Special Ed, abe lugo, Blues4U and 2 others like this.
  2. ?????????? Did ya ever get a beer ?

abe lugo and Mr48chev like this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Great to hear about the turnaround!After All the negative comments last year, the future seemed pretty much in doubt.

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang I thought we were going to see photos rather than hear how available beer was.

clem, Irish Mike and SR100 like this.

5. Attended on Saturday with perfect weather; overcast and cool until 12:30 and then some sun with a nice breeze from Brakett field across the street. The L.A. Roadsters pulled off an amazing recovery from last year's debacle; a full swap meet for those with good legs (and electric scooter rentals at the entrance for those with poor legs and feet), great side show for coupes, sedans, etc., and good venders area. I guess the old adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" really panned out at the fair grounds. Good job guys. I'll be back next year.

exterminator and Shamus like this.
  6. deucemac

deucemac

I pulled the roadster in at about 3 on Friday. Signed in as number 104. From that moment on, the weekend was outstanding. Renewed old friendships, made new ones. Enjoyed the great weather, and felt that I was enjoying a Phoenix rising from the ashes! I didn't hear any complaints all weekend. Everybody roadster guys, preferred parking, swappers ( both buyers and sellers), Club members, a wreck up beat and happy to be there. For the first time, I actually figured out just how many years I've attended. I have 45 roadster show under my belt and was thrilled to see it back like it should be! Those that stayed home to "wait and see" missed a great show. The last count I heard was 412 roadsters, and the swap was chock full of buyers and sellers Saturday. I guess it's true, run it right and they will come! I'm writing this Monday and my son and I are already excited about next year. Bye bye Buck, WELCOME BACK the L A Roadsters club!

7. Fogger

Fogger

Just to clarify the misunderstanding that the club was responsible for the last two years. The club sold the event to John Buck and his organization was responsible for the last two disastrous shows. The LAR Club assumed ownership for this years event and the transformation of their involvement was very evident. Great club presence with parking and the layout was terrific. The LAR's are the only organization that can present the show. I've been attending since the '70s and this year was equal to any in the past. Long live the LARS!!

exterminator, deucemac and lumpy 63 like this.
  8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Going 25 + years and this year was back to being a great show. Should encourage them to do it again next year?

deucemac likes this.
  9. exterminator

exterminator

It was like the ole days. Loved it!