Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustomized Corvettes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50mercfan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. these things are sometimes repulsive, sometimes cool, but always intriguing. i've been thinking alot lately about what happened to all of them. i think that most of them probably got restored to stock as the prices started going up but there has to be some still lurking in dark corners of old garages somewhere. in todays crazy priced world of collector corvettes there would be almost no love for such a creature. so, does anyone have old storys or pics of these from the past? do you know where any are hiding?

Attached Files:

2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

are you INSANE? the old custom vettes RULE...

consider how many survivors their are... i mean there were only a handfull of very customized vettes... chances are they were destroyed or are still waiting to be found... bring 25 in 1960 makes you 70 now, and not many 70 yr olds are on the internet every day to show you what is sitting in their barn or shop

ANYONE that likes traditional cars would LOVE to show off one of the old survivor vette customs..

3. joebuick

joebuick

i have seen a couple of gasser style vettes sorta like the one in hot rods to hell popping up once in a while which is really cool to see, but not to many kustoms.

4. I had 2 customized vettes in Michigan in the late 60's, a 1960 & a 57 strip car. I sold them both to a guy who totaled them both as well as a sectioned 30 A roadster. I never thought that he would drink & drive. He is somehow still alive & a few years ago called & wanted to know if i'd sell my 59 vette.

The 59 is now in my shop (now in Oregon) & still a basket case since 1977. I'll get to it someday. (a security deposit for a $2500 loan to a relative who said keep the car)

All of the Kustoms are not, sadly, still alive.

5. wow, two! any pics? i have always admired these cars and wish more examples would have survived.

6. sadly I never took pictures of my cars in those days.

I sure take pic's now especially in digital mode for free. No longer a need to feed Kodak's coffers.

7. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Somehow very few custom Corvettes really strike me as improvements over the original car. I don't know of any old customs hiding anywhere, but over the last few years have discovered a number of nicely restored older 'vettes.

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

This one falls into at least one of those categories..

[​IMG]

9. Why would you do something like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

The business of trying to pick up chicks knows no bounds.

Or maybe spray the people standing on the sidewalk laughing.