Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs KUSTOM UPDATE: the 65 F100 daily driver/shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

just a little something i'm cooking up for my daily driver 65 F100.....58 edsel side trim with some pontiac star emblems...also planning on swapping in this 58 edsel dash cluster,,,it's SO close to a perfect fit, i'd be silly NOT to do it,, :) (both pics are photoshopped)....i'm looking for a set of this trim, if anyone knows the whereabouts of a set..........also, the 65 chrysler headlights are in (not photoshopped)......additional plans are for 60 corvair bumper (gonna split them) with a rolled pan...
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg

2. Awesome. I like the design.

Have you considered using Edsel front bumpers? I know they are visually heavier but they are split and do continue the Edsel theme......

3. I love the 65/66 Ford trucks,especially the custom cab models but I gotta admit this is a great looking modification. HRP

[​IMG]

117harv likes this.
  4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

Sancho...i did briefly consider that, but as you said, they are too heavy,,,the corvairs are just right....(already have 'em)

Sancho likes this.

5. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Looks pretty cool I'll admit.

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

here's another version with lengthened trim
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg

7. I like the longer cove version much better. It might be easier to find trim, I am thinking you could use trim from a four door at least for the cab pieces.

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

Sancho,,,,we think alike :)

Sancho likes this.
  9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

one more before i head home....added mercury turnpike cruiser skirts and lakes pipes......i think the combination of the lengthened trim, the cruiser skirts and the lakes pipes gives it the illusion of being even lower than it is,,,,,really like this last one...
    $$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg

10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

It would be a hell of a lot of work, but grafting in the Edsel coves would be awesome!

11. I like the pipes, but I actually like it better without skirts.
    (just my worthless opinion)

12. I like the first version best.