Register now to get rid of these ads!

Krass and Bernie return!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jake H., Mar 23, 2005.

1. Jake H.

Jake H.

For all of you fellow children of the seventies, our favorite CARtoon's strip is back in print, between the covers of Car Craft.

Now, before you balk, realize that Freiburger is back at the helm as editor, and the articles have returned to the greasy, wrecking yard tech, flavor. Even if the new project car is a '77 Nova (gack!..), the return of real street machining is a sight for sore eyes.

And did I mention? Trosley's famous Krass and Bernie are back?! I feel like I'm eleven again! Pick up the May '05 issue, CC has had a much-needed makeover a la "Hot Rod".

Jake

2. RagDoll

RagDoll

That is awesome! I just came across a CARtoons from the 80's (in a box of "JUNK" as Mac puts it). I loved Krass and Bernie. Glad they are back.

3. Spike!

Spike!

I've known George for a few years. He often hits the local car shows (He'll probably be at the Rock-N-Rods show AKA Spring Hoe Down in April at Kahunaville in Delaware) Good to see him back at it. Hes a real cool guy. I've been trying to get him to sign up here but he may already be a lurker.

Spike

4. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I am really glad i thoughed it out during the jeff smith days, Frieburger rules! I love the "Hot Rod's delinquent brother" mentality. The disco nova is killer!I am also thrilled to see steve Magnante doing a column.

5. Awesome! I loved CARtoons. I'd like to see that come back.

I might even have to pick up a CarCraft...
    God! I haven't bought one since '81 Camaros were brand new.

Krass and Bernie are as "Hokey" as it gets.:D

JOE:cool:

6. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Cool! I used to love CARtoons! I still have a lot of them somewhere. I used to love trying to draw the cars in there!

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Having George back at CC is a major step forward (and backward!). The makeover is a success, and the content is still based on the junkyard mindset - real, honest stuff (if I may say so myself)...With Freiberger AND Smith AND Trosley there, it feels kinda like the old days of Terry Cook, McGonegal, et al...These guys CARE (passionately), and insist on having fun, too...BTW, it's amazing who all lurks on here.....

8. Spike!

Spike!

You were doing fine until you said Terry Cook....Oh well, at least Troz is back!

Spike

9. Jake H.

Jake H.

Here's one of my surviving Trosley iron-ons:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and I think this is CARtoons #1, from 1960, that I found in a box of "old junk" in a graybeard's garage. Score!

[​IMG]

Don't know if these will load right, sorry if they are gigantic.

Jake

10. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

I can't tell you the amount of times I showed up at Trosley's house just to shoot the shit. He has always been a great guy. Even when I was in Middle school and going to talk to the guy who wrote for Hustler.

I love taking my cars there and chatting...it usually ends up being an all day affair.

Larry

11. If I was'nt doped up on Nyquill right now I would drive down and buy a CC!
    Waitaminute....I'd buy a tuner rag if it had REAL Krass and Bernie in it!!!
    Thanks for the headsup!!!!!!!:D
    G.M.B.

12. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

13. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

This is too cool man :cool: I too read K&B in Cartoons back in the 80's,my fav one was when either Krass or Bernie picked up a 50 Ford coupe and had some piant mixxed up at the paint place and it wasn't exactly what the dude ordered and either Krass or Bernie remixxed it with some other shit they had and it came out this hidious green so Krass or Bernie decided to get some rest and when either Krass or B erniewoke up in the evening it was glowing and K&B went cruising and instead of people thinking it was a cool color,people freaked calling it everything from a 'Ghost Car' to a 'Alien ship'and the Goverment took it away from either Krass or Bernie thinkin it was something from outer space LOL

14. RoadKat

RoadKat

If it wasnt for them guys I would a learnt something in school. Instead all I could care about was those craazy hot rods.

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hey I have that issue! I loved K&B! They always built the cooolest shit. Remember the Deuce limo with a pool table and a T-bucket that drove out the back?

I have 10 maybe 12 issuses from the mid to late eighties including the very last issue. Also a few of the first ones from the 60's I got from my boss at work.

Josh

16. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Naaw i don't remember that one,but i just no remembered the first Cartoons mag i picked up i was like 8 or 9 and it had a 71 or 72 Road Runner puking all its guts all over the road it was jacked up with a serious stink bug stance oh and i loved the iron ons in the mags ,i 'd get the bag of Hanes or Fruit Of the loom cheapo white tees and have my mom iron em on for me but they never came out right LOL

17. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We gotta start bugging the crap out of them to do the iron ons.

18. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

This is the greatest news I have read in weeks. That Trosley website is awesome. The Trosley work that has stood out in mind for the past couple years is this pinstriping one:

http://www.georgetrosley.com/optical.html

They showed it in Custom Rodder or something and it's been burned into my memory ever since. I guess I better see about buying the print.

Why doesn't somebody bring back CARtoons?

19. sawzall

sawzall

George Trosley is the man! Krass and Bernie rule!
    I met george a few years ago at one of the first the hot rod hoe downs.. when I still had the Jakeo'page interior in my 40.. the next time we met he asked if I would like him to sign one of the interior panels..
    this is the passanger front door panel from my 40 ford I choose this piece of artwork for my "wifes" side of the car!.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I can't wait to read more krass and bernie

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011