Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical kong duel ignition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, May 29, 2014.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

looking to get this it has no cap. so what should I pay. thanks billy

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

I've read that Kong used many different caps on his distributors over the years. Depended on what was available to him I guess. Yours has a rotor that looks like a DuCoil uses, so maybe the same cap as a DuCoil would fit. But those are pretty pricey and rare too.

There is an original application that uses a very similar cap and rotor, but the center shaft notch is different so they won't interchange with the DuCoil. I'm sure somebody will chime in with the name of that car. But it's a fairly rare application as well.

All that said, I'd still think the thing's gotta be worth a few hundred. Double or more if you could find the cap that fits.

3. 46Chief

46Chief

I think the cap Alchemy is referring to is from a 1932 Lincoln big 8. I've seen a few on ebay go for $500 and up. I have a really late Kong Distributor that uses a cap and rotor from a 80's Nissan Stanza. I go with $200-300 price without a cap, just know it might be a few years and a lot of searching before you find one.

4. Might check with Bubba.

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I agree with the 200-300 pricing and the caps are very hard to find.
    Also these have no mechanical advance and are not for everybody . They usually either static time advance or use a cable to move the housing .