Register now to get rid of these ads!

Knoxville Nats Weather OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moonglow, May 4, 2007.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow

Well it looks like the weather for the Knoxville Nats this weekend, may not be too bad after all.:)

I know everyone has access to the Weather Channel's version, but I thought I would share the latest from our local boys.

Right now the sun is out. Looks like we've got a pretty good chance of rain beginning late tonight and ending sometime tomorrow morning.

Another chance of rain early Saturday evening, but Sunday is looking pretty good all day. Go to wbir.com for more updates, as they're as accurate as anybody.

So if you don't mind gettin' your rod a little wet.......come on down.:cool:

I'll be very disappointed if there's not a least a few "wet rod" jokes.:eek:

2. Offy

Offy

Man, I thought the Knoxville Nats were in August! Let's see if the King can beat Schatz this year.

3. motorhead748

motorhead748

You are right,The REAL Knoxville Nats are in august. I rode out last weekend for the WoO and it was a decent show.

4. Moonglow

Moonglow

I guess I better tell all the several thousand hot rodders in town this weekend that they're a few months too early. :)

As is the case this year, the NSRA southern NATs (in Knoxville) have been the first weekend in May for more years than I care to count.

I think you guys might be thinking of the Pigeon Forge, TN show, which is later in the summer.

Anyway, the weather's fine, so come-on down.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Knoxville Nationals ... the world series of Sprint Cars .... :) :D in Knoxville Iowa.

Long live Steve Kinlser ....

6. Moonglow

Moonglow

7. class 'A'

class 'A'
    from Casper,Wyo

I'll be there and so will hammrd29 from KY.
    Even if it is raining ( LIKE A MOFO RIGHT NOW!) Ill be there

8. Moonglow

Moonglow

Quick update from your local weather boy............

Light rain right now but should be all done with this morning. This afternoon and Sunday are looking great!

9. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Yea, I'll be heading over after I get breakfast choked down. I'll be in the raspberry red Anglia with Cragar S/S wheels, like for the past 17yrs. Hoped to have the T coupe ready this year, but maybe next...

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

So, what is the latest on the show? How is the turnout? How is the over-all attitude of the folks there? Do you think anybody (cars and vendors) will stick around for Sunday?

Trying to decide if I wanna make the trip tomorrow morning.

11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'll guarantee you the vendors will be there until 3 PM or they won't be at another NSRA show. Fines or expulson are the results of leaving early.

12. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My son and I were in Knoxville working on a Log Cabin this past week,we left on Thursday, and saw quite a few Hot Rods. Saw a bunch headed to Knoxville on I-40. The majority of what we saw were PLASTIC!! We ate at O'Charleys, and watched an older fellow (70's-?)unloading an UGLY!,wanna-be '37 Ford. Looked like a Coast-to-Coast Plastic body with some huge, ugly billet wheels(out of an enclosed trailer!). Man, what a waste!!!!
    Oh well, Opinions are like Butt-holes, everybodys got one!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Pretty good turnout today considering the rain. I found some 40 Ford spindles and a garnish molding for my T at the swap meet yesterday. Everyone was leaving the swap meet this afternoon. All the vendor's will be there tomorrow, may be able to haggle a little on the price of something on Sunday.
    There were a few well built "nostalgia rods", a couple high buck cars that had rusty bodys on them and a couple rat rod's that I would have been afraid to drive from the trailer to the fairgrounds.
    Got to see some of my buddy's that only come down once a year and sat around and did some bench racing with them during the showers.

14. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I got a good chuckle at one of the high dollar vendors, one of the owners was talking to a buddy of his he said. "There are some of these "Rat Rods" that are downright dangerous! His buddy said "Yea,That's what I want to drive, something that's fucking dangerous!"

15. Just got home from Kville after driving three hours each way, Raining most of the time we were there, although there was a window of about an hour around 12:30 - 1:30 when the rain let up enough that we could walk around without getting soaked. Turn out was better than I expected, given the conditions.

I have just three words to sum up this year's event...THE KENNEDY COUPE. Saw it parked in the rain, with a plastic drop cloth covering the roof. That car is the shits. When I came back outside it was gone. I wish the weather had been better so as to have permitted a long look at what, for me at least, was the absolute kickinest' car there. The wheels, the stance and overall attitude of this thing are awe inspiring. It looks good here on the HAMB, it looks GREAT in person.

16. Moonglow

Moonglow

My wife and I went today at about 1:30. Light drizzle was pretty over with at around 3:00. They're still saying Sunday should be pretty nice. I thought the turn-out was pretty good, considering the weather.

We had a lot of fun and got a few pics which I'll post next week.

17. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Weather was good ... IF ... you are a duck ! :rolleyes:

Mostly wet, sloppy and nasty. A few breaks in the weather but the car count was down a good bit. Only a few cars across the highway ( where the swap meet used to be ) ... Parking was not a problem except close to the building. Swap meet cleared out by 3 or so.

The PRO vendors were not doing much business either.

I had a decent time ... saw some HAMBERS ... and few cars that caught my interest. No photos from me .... the weather was just too nasty ...

18. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, sunny high's in 70's. Going to try to take some pics and make a couple last minute purchases, need some gauges for the T.

19. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

Let's hope the Knoxville Nats in August will have better weather. Will be attending for the 14th year in a row. It's addictive.