Register now to get rid of these ads!

Knocked out

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Wingski, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Wingski

Wingski

Hi guys, I just signed up because I wanted to read neat stories and share some with expletives included. I read the stories about the flathead roadster and loved 'em.

Now, I've got one.

In the mid-sixties a friend of mine bought a '53 MG TD with a Cadillac engine and hydramatic, The car had been named "Little Pogo" and had been a bright orange when it raced on the strip. When Larry came by to give me a ride, it was painted forest green with a chrome roll-bar. No slicks, just regular street tires, and the exhaust wasn't really that loud. I climbed in and we went to the freeway. Right at the start of the freeway was a traffic light. When that light turned green, Larry floored that thing, and it just WENT. No spinning of tires, no fish-tail, just flat-ass went. I was strapped in and the front of that damn passenger’s seat tore loose from the floor. When the back of my head made contact with that roll-bar, I was out like a light. I’ve been knocked-out very few times in my life, but, by god, that was a big one. Shit, I don’t even remember Larry driving me home.

I was told that “Little Pogo” had been a top eliminator in 1959, and I believed it. I still can’t figure out how that thing could accelerate so quickly without spinning the tires. I don ‘t think that car even had traction bars on it.

Needless to say, I didn’t go for another ride until that seat was fixed.

Mike

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I would like to know Little pogos secret too. Welcome to the HAMB loved your story but sounds like it hurt afterwards

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.