Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Lead Sled random photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 26, 2008.

1. How come nobody told me how good this show was going to be? I am really impressed with the quality of cars there. I need to plan on it next year.

It also looks like I'm going to have to drive the Bonney to Austin to Fat Lucky's to get my interior done. I've been super impressed at every car I've seen with their interior.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

1957 Chevy Bel Air...old 60's kustom/ISCA Finals finisher couple of years, late 60's...owned/driven by me...redone and rebuilt by me...won't post a pic cuz the "experts" on here don't like it's pastel paint and magenta scallops...but I can send a pic or two of it to you to YOUR e-mail address if you'd like.

R-

3. yblock292

yblock292

The "little roadster" with the model a wheels was ( i belive) found in the KC area, a woman had it in her flower bed using it for a planter.!

4. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Roger, do you have`any pics of it from its 1960's ISCA days?? i'd love to see some....bob

5. carkiller

carkiller

Roger werent you supossed to remind me of the hamb meet? Never got to visit with you. Cal

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great pics everyone!

What a great weekend!

Got to see old friends and make some new ones.

I cannot wait for the HAMB Drags....

7. Great to see all of you, I had a great time, the ride home in NoSurf's convertible was wet ( 2" in one hour)!!!

Did I mention the top does not have skin on it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

From the "Greaserama" in KC a couple of years back.

Attached Files:

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

This is a new build called the Vibrasonic which is a joint venture of Elden Titus and George Barris that should be completed next winter in time for the Darryl Starbird shows. The frame and chassis were done by Hamber yblock292 (Jack Marinelli) from Derby KS. Here is a link to the build:http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/build/08vibrasonic/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Megan, come back anytime. You are a real doll. And your car ain't half bad either!

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Why does this scene not surprise me? Crazy Jay.

13. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Still searching for BBQ?

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nice to meet you too, I am envious of the way you find so much cool old tin, see if you can do something about the heat for next year!

15. StinkyPete

StinkyPete

This was my first year down, and actually my first show in a few years. I didnt think the weather was too bad at all, and it was definately an awesome turnout with some real nice rides. i didnt have my 'beater' done yet so i just took down my 67 Camaro. I thought it would stick out like a sore thumb but i was glad to see a couple others there as well. Definately had a good time and will be back next year with bells on:eek::D:D

heres the hoopty i drove down lining up against my freind Vic in her 'little car' at the drags

[​IMG]

16. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hey! I told Mike BarnFindT and Todd HotStuff it was gonna rain on Saturday, but they wouldn't listen. HAD to take the impala.....

17. bugnastynastybug

bugnastynastybug

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT shots bud! It was wonderful to FINALLY meet you in person. I'm glad we got the opportunity to sit, relax and hang out over a meal. We'll have to do it again next year but next time no one can sit next to someone that they rode to the restaurant with. Everyone has to sit next to folks they don't know well. I didn't think about it till everyone was sat, we should have mixed it up abit. Next time for sure.

I see you at the HAMB Drags:cool:

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice pics, thanks

20. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

I had attended the show a few times before. This year was the first time I had a car. It was a great time! Thanks to those who made it happen, and congratualtions to those award winners

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

22. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Hey Paul,
    Thanx for the comments on my Model A. My '56 gasser handyman was not ready to drive outthis year so I elected to bring my '31 A. It will have real attitude at next year's event. Just finishing up my '52 Eldorado mill with dual 4's to go in it. I figured this would be it's last journey before it's transformation and since we had our support truck with us, I might as well see what the ol' 4 banger would do, if not blow up!
    I was actually winning the first 18 inches or so....
    Great coverage on the wide variety of cars at this year's KKOA by your photos!
    Hope to see ya at GREASERAMA in KC this year.

ERIC
    los PUNK RODS

23. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

thanks, it has come a long way in the last 7 months. Everyone thought it was a parts car but we got it turned around

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard. Your sled was one that everyone was talking about. I Love
    your choice of two tone. I saw a Steve Stanford concept drawing of one with a
    '60 Mercury grill. Everytime I see one, I visually put one in....