Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi Kev has a new friend

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by OBFB HA/GR, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

Way to go - but darn it i want a ride to! ha ha

2. rat nasty

rat nasty

good story!
    kev you are a way kool dude!everyone needs to be reminded every once in a while that the kids are really so much more excited,inspired,and live for this stuff way more than we do! i checked out the shots of the car and the willy's looks great!!!!

3. Butch M

Butch M

way to go kev thats something he will remember forever.......

4. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

5. that's the way it should be spread the word that's how the sport grows. i don't know how many kids and mothers, I've helped get in and out race cars and hydroplanes to have their pictures taking.
    2x way cool

6. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Yet another reason why I wear my Nasty Habit Pit Crew T-Shirt with pride.....

Well done Kev!

7. nz33

nz33

[​IMG]

Kev....you have inspired me to post here. Exterminator !! as a 13/14 year old growing up in Waiuku this is the car that got me ! i can still remember being mesmerised the first time Kevin went by and i saw this roadster, used to ride my bike one side of Waiuku to the other in the hope of seein and hearin it - bright orange,loud,chrome everywhere,pure hot rod. Then shifted to Matamata to see the radical Road Hog roar by me not long later ! - Thanks for posting the kiwi history lesson. Steve D

8. One of my all time favourites as well.

9. Heck Steve, I lived in the Hamilton block 5 house's up from Kevin in Waiuku and that roadster was second behind a '30 roadster that a young Terry Furness had as a lad in Matamata that had me hok line and sinker. Awesome memories for sure.

10. Scumdog

Scumdog

Good shit Kev - that young feller will be bragging about it to his mates for yonks!:)

11. atch

atch

good on you kev...

12. Firefly

Firefly

'On ya' Kev!

For those who are unfamiliar with this concept it is called 'passing it forward'. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to do .....

13. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

....hey man,I want a ride in that machine!