Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks Chapter Three...Serious Bidness...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. hotdamn

hotdamn

who wants a glock bitchez!?

that pic should be a t-shirt!!!

2. Shawn M

Shawn M

I feel it's worth mentioning to you guys in "Hamby Land" that this is Terd's daily driver. It takes a MASSIVE set of balls (chrome balls?) to tackle a project of this caliber on the daily driver.

I am stoked for you brother!!!

3. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

GET HOT TERD!!!! Ultra Bitchin.... Love the Caddy.

~Berta

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Where'd you find 'em in chrome?!!!

[​IMG]

Shawn, thanks a ton! I had doubts before I started, but not anymore. With the collective knowledge and skills we have as a club, we can do anything!

5. Don't think that ol' Liberace was just packin Glocks....haha...now how about some progress pics...

6. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

We're at one and a half weeks since pulling the engine. Here's what's done...
    Old engine pulled.
    Frame pressure washed and stripped of it's paint.
    Cab removed from frame.
    Rust repaired in cowl.
    53 holes filled in firewall.
    Undercoating stripped from bottom of cab.

Here's what's left to do...
    Floors nailed back in.
    Cab corners repaired.
    Cab set back on frame and engine mocked up for mounts.
    Mock up engine pulled and cab pulled again.
    Shorten driveshaft.
    Steering column sectioned.
    POR15 on cowl, frame and bottom of cab.
    Paint on firewall and inner fenders.
    Pink engine set in for final time.

Once the floors are nailed in, things should move very quickly. I know I've promised pics, but I forgot my camera. I'm going in tomorrow to work on the floors and I REALLY promise to get some pics then.

7. Great job there Terdio? It's nice to have talented people guiding you through this. You'll learn more during this project than you could ever imagine.

Keep up the pace. You're doing well.

BloodyKnuckles

8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

What did you decide about the iner fenders, black or white? I though white untill I heard the whole jewelry box theory and it makes sense.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  9. Subscribed!!! Diggin the tiitty nipple pink!

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks Boobs!

I decided to go all white for the firewall and inner fenders. I like the idea of all black. But I think its too dark for my engine.

Hahaha! Me too! Thanks!!

11. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Finally just a couple of pics...

A section of the driver side step had to be cut out and replaced. This was a hand made panel. A small section of the ridge in the actual step had to be made to match. Jeremy is a master at doing stuff like that.
    [​IMG]

This is the floor pan repaired properly. I think it turned out pretty nice. Not much bondo will be needed here. I was kind of worried as this is very visible. But as it turns out, I'm not a total hack welder after all! The two small squares were small patches of rust the repair panel didn't cover. The small half circle was a drilled out spot weld on the repair panel.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow we will tackle the passenger side floor and maybe a cab corner. That and the other cab corner are all that's left before the cab can go back on the frame to mock up the engine and mounts!!!

12. Nice work, both of you! Keep pushing through....you'll be done in no time!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking great Terd!!! I am super stoked for you even though you "sacked" me again by stealing my buddy Jeremy away from the Wizard. :D

All the patches look great but I want to see some pink!!! We should hit up Bradleys this Saturday and look through some swatches before you start working. I have to go there to get them to match some Wizard Red paint for some touch ups.

14. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

It should be moving pretty quickly from here on out.

I didn't steal your boyfriend. Honest. Nothing happened. I swear.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jeremy is not my boy toy, he's the Wizards.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Get some bondo and I'll start on those inner fenders this Wednesday if I can get there a little earlier this week. Are those are clean and ready to go?

17. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

as in GAY SEXY. How about some rainbows and unicorns somewhere. do not forget on the things to do list the tv rod linkage to the hydro. It is kind of critical that it is correct.

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Well Im net as well versed as The Iron Lords on the many shades of pink but Im pretty sure this falls between Pu nanny and Pretty Tittie pink. Also with some tuck and roll ,I thought it might serve as a little inspiration.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Rainbows and unicorns are only for our new club jackets. Cory James modeling our prototype jacket, member of the Iron Lords' "Unicorn Squad". Those designated "Unicorn Squad" members will have gone above an beyond the call of duty for the club. But don't listen to the rumors it means the member has committed murder for the club. This ain't the H.A.'s.

[​IMG]

That thing is RAD!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  20. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

So today, I got those three small patches on the driver side floor nailed in and finished. You can see them in the second pic. Jeremy made a new lip around the trans cover. I also got the passenger side floor cut out. It sucks cutting through two layers of metal. Tomorrow, I gotta get all those spot welds out from the sketchy older repair and get the passenger floor nailed in.

21. hotdamn

hotdamn

terd as previously noted I am stoked for you bro!!!

You truck is gonna be some seriously dialed shit when its all said and done!!!

now what about this dash swap? :D

22. 1959apache

1959apache

doing well so far man... keep it up! When you are done with fixing your firewall, come fix mine... I will do your cab corners... sound like a deal?!

23. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You know I apreciate you. I couldn't have done any of this without your help and encouragement. The dash swap will come...

Thanks! The firewall was the easy part, lol. I just hope my cab corners go on easier than yours, haha!

24. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Tonight I got the passenger floor tacked in. I hope to get that totally finished tomorrow night and get started on one of the cab corners as well.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What I get no credit for mentioning License to Drive? It is obviously the inspiration for your new avatar haha. "I don't need a BMW Dad, I've got a Mercedes"

Glad to hear you got that other side tacked in. You're at the 50 yard line buddy!!!

-JJ (High Ranking member of the Unicorn Death Squad)

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

"You're the meaning in my life. You're my inspiration." - Chicago (and terd)

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

25 or 6 to 4. Roger that buddy!

28. You two must have been in elementary school (or younger) when those tunes were fresh on the FM dial! Or, maybe you heard them on an oldies station?!?!?!

I saw them in their heyday when I was early on in college! Man, that means I'm.......OLD! :O

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Terd's 40 years old so I'd assume he was around for them. I'm 29 and was born in 1982 so I probably wasn't. I still have love for them.....well not really. I don't like Chicago except 25 or 6to 4.

But that's besides the point. Terd, I probably can't go to Bradley's Saturday morning as I gotta watch Memphis. If it's still open later I might head up there and go so I can match that paint up. I need tail lights!!!

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Hahaha! I'll be 39 in September. I was around. I am a man who will fight for your honor. Karate Kid and all that mess. Oh Peter Cetera, you were pure magic on that bass. Leaving Chicago was the best thing you ever did. Really? Quadruple live albums from Carnegie Hall to adult contemporary? Come on...But your solo work was mushy and catchy. And very radio friendly. I'm sure it would drop cougars' panties just as fast today as it would in 1986.

I think they close early on Saturday?