Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks...Chapter IV...Meditations on Roadhouse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Mar 8, 2012.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

So, it's been a while. More work done and still more to do. But here's what I've been doing and some pics.

I took apart and stripped my extra bed to bare metal. I made necessary patches and got it in epoxy primer. I've stripped the topside of my hood and found some areas along the front edge that need rust repair. After that will bring epoxy primer for the hood.

I bought another '55 rear end that was in much better shape than mine from a fellow hamber. My buddy and fellow club member, Shawn showed me how to install a front pinion seal. My rear end has been pretty beat since I got the truck. The new one is a low mile rebuild that was swapped for resto mod type stuff.

I had my hood hinges chromed. I dropped off my front wheels to be chromed, so I'll finally have four haha! Should be done in a couple or three weeks. My water pump started leaking about a month ago. So I had it chromed and sent if off to the The Flying Dutchman in Oregon to get it rebuilt. He's a super nice guy and did an awesome job. He makes his own shafts and seals and uses a modern imperllar. Way cheaper (and guaranteed) than a new one with chinese shit inside. He specializes in Cadillac and Ferrari water pumps. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Anyway, the pump is back on now as good as new. I've been driving it about a week since. The water pump was the last thing not new or rebuilt.

So, the next week or so will bring patching a couple of holes in the hood and then epoxy primer, pulling the old bed off, rear end swap and POR15 for the rear of the frame and suspension, then new bed goes on with all new stainless hardware.

The next couple of months will bring picking the best set out of the two sets of doors I've got and repairing rust in those. Then put those in epoxy primer. That'll just leave the cab and front fenders to strip and put in epoxy primer, though I'm not quite sure yet how long that'll be. Then I can start with some body filler and then filler primer.

I know I'll never make this goal, but I want to try to have it painted before fall when the weather turns cold again. Then I want to try to do the interior over the coming winter.

Love,
    terd

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Pics in the morning. Maybe this will tide you over til then.

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Who wouldn’t want to be friends with Brad Wesley? He had a BigFoot replica and drove it through car dealerships. He had a helicopter. I could spend a day in his trophy room. You get your first clue that something is amiss with Wesley, when we see him on his sweet bubble tire three wheel atv, gazing longingly at Dalton doing his Tai Chi across the pond. Maybe that’s why Dalton didn’t like Brad Wesley, he was kind of a creepy old man.

Now Dalton, with a Ph.D. in philosophy, is better known as “The Cooler”. A sort of modern day warrior poet super bouncer. I’d like to see the Roadhouse version with Dalton working for Brad and befriending Jimmy, Wesley’s number one employee. I can see them doing some martial arts training together and slowly bonding over time to become great friends. Maybe one day just a toolin’ around town in BigFoot struttin’ like Travis Tritt just a hollerin’. I bet the two of them could pull some leg out on the town together. Man, that’s a film begging to be made right there. It should probably be called "The Greatest Film Ever Made".

I’d be friends with Brad Wesley. He seemed like the kind of guy I’d want to talk to at a party. He was obviously an accomplished hunter on multiple continents, a lover of automobiles and helicopters, gun lover, and a guy not afraid to eat his breakfast all by himself. Who do you think brought J.C. Penneys to town? Brad Wesley did, that’s who. And he loves a good coin toss. I bet he sure had some stories to tell. Maybe this is prequel territory, "Brad Wesley’s Rise to the Top (of Jasper)".

You know Wade Garrett would’ve still been alive had Dalton taken Wesley’s generous job offer. It sure seems like Dalton was the one looking for trouble, what with the extra set of wheels and tires in the trunk. Dalton was a dick. That’s what I take away from Road House anyway. That, and I should be running Hollywood.

R.I.P. Ben Gazzara
    August 28, 1930 - February 3, 2012

[​IMG]

3. badshifter

badshifter

Ok trucks cool and all but if Dalton and Wesley have a bromance, who gets Denise? She can't just be an overlooked and under sexed big town girl stuck in a small town. Rewrite and let us know.

4. That was some funny shit right there :D

5. fat141

fat141

Cool truck
    Rod

6. Quit daydreaming and get to work!

7. hotdamn

hotdamn

no whats funny is that I completely forgot that you had changed your avatar to boobs gettin his squeeze on...

this made my morning terd :)

8. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

The roadhouse prequel would rule! Also, your truck makes my pants fit funny...

9. Big Nick

Big Nick

I dont find this funny at all, being a bouncer and cooler at one point I looked to the movie Road House for both inspiration and motivation many times. This gives me a whole new vision. Being I retired from that typ eof employment back in '07 I tend to look at Road House as more of a flashback. I will now sit with it and watch, possibly more than once back to back, to see if these theories work.

The truck looks great too.

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I don't think Dalton is particularily looking for trouble with Brad Wesley. It's just when wrestling with his inner demons, the conflict manifests itself outside. Perhaps that's what drives him to try and protect Doc and satisfy his need to clean up the Double Deuce. I do agree that from a certain point of view, Wesley is merely trying to protect his town and save his undeniably eventual relationship with Doc, which is really why he lashes out at the Parts store and Stoudenmire's Dealership.

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Good to see the truck's still getting worked on. I dig the different painted wheel/chrome wheel combo but if there's anything better than that, it's chrome wheels all around for sure.

12. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

13. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Nobody gets Denise. Brad gave her a black eye because he hates women (he's gay). Dalton would probably roundhouse kick her before he would sleep with her.

Thanks boys!!

Anything for you my friend!

I AM working, lol. By the way, I'll have plenty of body filler sanding to do whenever you're ready to get dusty.

I know right. Why does Hollywood keep sending my calls straight to voicemail?????

Do you have boot blade flashbacks?

Dalton KNEW there would be trouble. That's why he bought the extra wheels and tires for the Riviera. Brad just wanted to give him a job. Dalton only had to protect Doc because of his own friendship with her. Brad had given up on Doc and had moved on with Denise. Brad burnt down Red's shop because of Dalton. It's all Dalton's fault.

The car dealership was just because. If I had a bigfoot, I'd drive it through buildings too.

Man, I can't wait to get the other two wheels on. And here's a secret...I've got a righteous set of tires for when the wheels get back.;)

14. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

If I was Brad Wesley, then chrome would be my Dalton. I'm gay for chrome.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fresh powdercoating, lol...
    [​IMG]

From here...
    [​IMG]

New bed...
    [​IMG]

This is JeremyJames. He could definitely whoop Dalton's ass. His merc is going to be a game changer. The Ford is Josh's (silvair), out for it's very first ride.
    [​IMG]

More soon.

15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

IRON LORDS, bringing you borderline OT posts since 2008(? wild guess haha)

Truck is looking good, keep on keepin' on!

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

What if Brad never really moved on to Denise? Perhaps she is merely his attempt to distract his fixation on Doc. Both blondes, both kinda 80's hot. It's not Daltons fault, It's DOC's fault! We don't really see what happens before Dalton comes to Jasper, we can only assume.

17. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Just a window into the madness in the deep dark recesses of what is left of my mind.

Doc is a tease and Dalton is a prick. Rejected by both man and woman. A perfect storm to send Brad Wesley off the rails. Still, I blame Dalton.

And slick willy is awesome!

Besides the stuff I've already mentioned, there's more coming. I will be buying three Rochesters from Dickster to get that tripower back on the engine. I'll also be cleaning up the engine bay from the mess the water pump made, lol. I've got some cool wire wrap as well to get that looking nice. Also, white plug wires and white rajahs just because. I also need to find time to change out the timing cover gasket, as it has a small leak. I guess I'll chrome that too.

I'm calling Dickster now, lol.

19. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Oh yeah!!!! The Swayze Express!!!!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking good Terd!!! I can't wait to see a hood back on that truck to complete the look along with the new wheels. Definitely has been missing a little something ever since the hood's been absent.

Hinges look cool.

21. Focus Terd Focus!! Not the time to be drifting into Roadhouse fantasies.:D We want to see progress.

22. badshifter

badshifter

Roadhouse is not a fantasy.
    It's a Lifestyle.
    Hey Terd, can I fly out and wire your truck? (not a hidden meaning question.....!)

23. hotdamn

hotdamn

this quote is so fitting it may have to be placed in my signature line...

24. Y'all's reputation is spreading.............

25. Muttley

Muttley

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

You've got my blessing :cool:

27. hotdamn

hotdamn

do know old sould that I tried to copy the whole thing so as to give you credit for it but it wouldn't post, said it was too large....

28. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Well that's just some BS right there. It's the man trying to keep us down friends!

Thanks for trying haha. To think, I was ALMOST quoted by one of the Iron Lords!

29. hotdamn

hotdamn

so close but so far away...

30. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Awe that's just unfair :(

Anyways, sorry for hijacking the thread.