Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T What is your everyday car Import or American

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My daily driver,,,as I said earlier is a 97 Ford F-150,,,,,

I also have a 32 roadster driver,a 32 mor-door driver and a 54 Ford Ranch Wagon project,,,a 32 Ford pickup project,a 48 Ford pickup project,a 65 Ford custom cab pickup and of all things a 49 chevy pickup,,,

So I lied when I said ALL my toys are Fords!:rolleyes: :D HRP

BTW,,I would also like to know when the Ford F-150's were made in Mexico.

2. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

My daily is a Honda Civic, it's a great car.....I bought it in Ohio and it was made in Ohio....does that make it a foreign car? :eek:

3. StratoStreaker

StratoStreaker

4. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Daily: 93 GMC Sonoma Xtra cab S15 til the Falcon gets done, then it will be my daily.

5. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

2004 Dodge Neon
    1970 Chevy PU

6. improbcat

improbcat

Daily driver an american made '97 Subaru Outback. Always bought american until I needed a cheaper gas-sipper and bout h a '91 Subie beater, Put over 20K of hard mile on it in about 10 months and couldn't kill it, even with virtually no clutch it kept going. So when I got a little $$ I bought another and have loved it.Keep being amazed at how much crap I can haul in it.

the Comet will be, if not a daily driver, a 'fairly often' driver once the new drivetrain goes in.

7. ratstar

ratstar

I have a neon! wohoo. but only till the plymouth gets done.

8. Damn Seymore you need to jump into the later part of the 20th century bro. I drive a late model Chebby myself, 1965 C-10 to be exact. Valve in head motor, 4 bbl carb the works even a working AM radio, well I think it works the antenna is broke but it crackles ans makes a hissing noise when you turn it on.

9. murdercycles

murdercycles

AMERICAN! 72 Coupe De Evil
    [​IMG]

and a 01 Silverado 3500 crew, actually made in America.

Ride the bike mostly in the good weather.
    Ray in CT

10. '03 BMW 5 series station wagen, wife drives '97 Lexus LX450 suv.

11. Brewton

Brewton

2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Crewcab. In other words a BAT (big ass truck) - I'm making the arabs rich.

12. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

'04 mercedes c230k sport coupe, 198 hp and 28-32mpg highway. bestest of both worlds. hangin between 500 and 800 miles per week on her.

13. seldom scene

seldom scene

My hot rod is 40 ford, daily drivers 95 Chrysler, 88 T-bird,

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

FOREIGN is when the profits from what you buy go to other countries and do not stay in the United States. That is why I do not buy US built foreign cars...the profits go to Japan, Sweden, Korea, etc...

...and yeah, I've heard all the arguements...I buy American...and prefer it that way!

R-

15. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

My daily is a '64 Chevy C-10 SWB. My roomates daily is a '64 Mercury Monterrey. Newest cars we own.

16. me too, my daily is a '64 chevy panel truck....newest i own. it was my '60 elco until i tweaked out and started sandblasting the bed.....:mad:.

17. Anderson

Anderson

After driving the Cutlass daily for 4 years, I got very tired of no a/c, horrible mileage, the car being loud, dealing with foggy windshields when it rained and the defroster would quit working, the crappy two speed wipers, the crappy headlights, etc.....after kidding myself for that long, like a lot of people here seem to still do....I got tired of it, and got a newer truck. I also didn't like having to put what was supposed to be my "fun" car through the hazards of daily driving. It got hit 3 or 4 times durring those 4 years, on top of all the wear and tear. 6 months later I sold the truck and bought a 2001 Mustang Bullitt. I seriously doubt I'll ever own a Japanese car...but some euro stuff is pretty cool.

18. yea that would be steel we buy.............

19. vesparex

vesparex

Thanks!

Duane

20. repoman

repoman

65 GMC C15. My favorite feature is the advanced one-button climate control system. Yank the knob for heat, push it in for no heat, twist knob clockwise for fan, counterclockwise for off. I'm waiting for Lexus to think of it:D

I'm sure the GM workers from 1964 appreciate my continued support of their fine product.

It's rusty, so I have to replace the sheetmetal with tin from Taiwan. The only replacement tin from available from GM is the drivers side rocker. I bought the GM rocker for the left side, and had to buy the cheap one for the right side.

21. ian

ian

DD: 01' Crew Cab F250 4x4

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

My daily driver is a '62 Chevy Suburban.
    The only other car we have that runs is my wife's 2001 Dodge Dakota; lowered, cop car wheels, shaker hood scoop, roll pan with 'Cuda exhaust tips, front bumper cover, 4.7L/5spd 3.90 Sure Grip.

The non-runners are my '57 gasser (needs finishing), '54 Buick (put engine back in), and '56 Chevy (total project I may get to before I die. If I die at 90 years old.)
    -Brad

23. Olson

Olson

Anyone thinkin' their american car is american, in the way we tend to think of that, is totally foolin' themselves. Even vehicles that are produced in this country...they still have so many parts that are manufactured on other soil that there really is no point in trying to use that justification. Also, like DrJ pointed out, stockholders are spread out throughout the world. Nevermind the fact that those factories that assemble "imports" put a lot of food on our tables...I don't think where their profit goes is anything to bitch about...at least they don't send their jobs to India. :D

Time to face it folks...we live in a global marketplace and most of the shit we buy and use has some ties to foreign soil. If you really want to be hardcore about it, you'll have to stop buying just about everything.

Oh...I drive my '62 Olds daily, and don't own anything newer at the moment. I'm just sick of the modern car game...I decided not to play anymore...so I'm stickin' to 1970 and older (my birth year).

Olson

24. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

2000 F-250 used to be wife's daily but is now used for chasing big parts
    2001 Toyota Echo w/187,000 miles is my commuter car
    2005 Toyota Corrolla is wife's new commuter car.

difference in gas mileage pays for note and insurance between F-250 and corrolla

25. rickkane

rickkane

During the week I drive a 2006 Nissan Titan. On weekends I drive a 66 F250.

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

right before they got the final assembly done in KC
    http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=103022&ran=195381

I drive a nissan altima, my 53 isn't LEGAL yet, but it will be once the windows get replaced and seatbelts installed.

27. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

94 Bronco, and 65 C-20. Depends how I feel.

28. borndead327

borndead327

my ole' ladys daily is a 99 ranger with not one straight panel on it! women drivers. just finished payments
    me i got my ever so trusty and loyal oldsmobuick.....left me stranded once at 147,000 plus that kick ass v6 gets like 22 mpg
    when weather permits i drive my 31 pickem up with a 225 slant6 it gets 25mpg and still lights em up
    cheers
    dave

29. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

haha... I gave my sister my '56 Buick, just so I could say my newest car was a '54. Not sure if I'll ever get a newer car than that...

I was fillin up at the gas station last night... there was a woman there talking to me about the car and she was asking what kind of gas mileage my car got. 12/17mpg. She was pretty suprised... her new Audi got 12/20 she said. I guess I'm not doin too bad... once I get an overdrive and keep my foot outta it..... :)

30. I drive one of these Ford Roadsters in Black;

[​IMG]

and this;

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.