Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T What is your everyday car Import or American

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

With everyone here talking traditional (USA ) made cars curious to see if you still feel that way about your everyday drivers. I own 4 cars. 2 Fords 1 dodge 1 VW

2. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

This one is likely to get long but I'll go first.
    Ford F-150 , the most popular vehicle in America.

3. oaktree

oaktree

Errr....a little Mercedes AMG C32, A Porsche Cayenne Turbo and a '57 Caddy ragtop. I stopped driving American Cars as daily drivers because of styling issues, lack of REAL horsepower and the need for increased maintainance. I knew what I wanted to buy for my auto dollars and had to go to Germany to get it.

4. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

With three kids, it's a Buick Regal and a Chrysler Town and Country for trips to the grocery store.... (it has a Rod and Custom sticker... does that help?):)

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

My daily is a '54 Skyliner, newest car I own.

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

'94 Ford...I'd NEVER own a foreign car!!!

Currently has 124,000 on it, bought it new. Replaced an alternator 5 years after I bought it... haven't put a dime into it since...other than tires, brakes, oil changes, a tune-up and the gas I put thru it.

R-

7. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

I used to cruise around in my '67 Chrysler Newport for some 12 years. And in between I've also used my '62 Chrysler Newyorker wagon as a daily, but at the moment I'm driving some german-contraption which I won't even think of naming or showing here... :D :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

'62 Impala everyday-no a/c in Texas:D
    Wife drives a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager because she had to have a/c with the kids. Not my choice-I'd rather her have Sciflyer72's '62 Biscayne wagon-all in good time...:D

9. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

I am in the UK my daily is a 93 Silverado with a 4.3V6 manual it gets better mileage than most Japanese import trucks over here with small overstressed motors. My Missus daily is a 69 Morris minor.
    Rich

10. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

My daily drivers consist of an '88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, a '79 Thunderbird Heritage and an '89 F-150. I don't even allow Japanese or other foreign cars to park in my driveway....:mad:

Buy American!

11. PDX Lefty

PDX Lefty

Mine is a 62 Rambler Wagon. Wife drives a 2000 S-10.

12. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Do you purchase American goods exclusively or just cars?

13. 97 Ford F 150,,,,in fact ALL of my personal cars are Fords,,HRP

14. Hebee

Hebee

I try to stay with the American brands when possible- at the moment I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger PU and Mama drives a 2000 Olds Intrigue (which is possibly the best American car I've ever owned). Also ride my 2003 Suzuki Intruder 1400 when I can. 50's hotrod is in the very near future and it will be pure American! :D

15. Ol'Sarge

Ol'Sarge

I shipped a 2003 Crown Vic LS HPP over here to Germany and the in-laws gave me thier 1999 Opel Astra as a gift.

16. TINGLER

TINGLER

The wife owns an '01 Ford Ranger.....so I guess you can say we have a FOREIGN car as a daily. Ranger is Mazda...right?

Whats Foreign and whats not nowdays?

My daily (when I leave my home and studio) is my '63 Fairlane.

I also borrow my wife's truck.

17. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

exactly.

18. 63comet

63comet

Either my '63 Comet or my '89 Dodge Ram 50 depending on my mood. Truck has a dead battery right now. Don't know why, haven't driven it in about a month, haven't bothered to try to figure it out. Its the third foreign American car I've owned. Other two were a '84 Challenger and a '92 Capri.

19. ElDawgg

ElDawgg

My daily.....1994 Cadillac Fleetwood RWD,LT1. It has the "gold package"ha ha and a Kenneth Howard hates you sticker on the rear window:D

20. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I buy American goods whenever possible. In a few cases such as electronic products it's almost impossible but I still make an effort. Granted, at times it costs me a bit more in the long haul. But if a few extra bucks spent will assure my granddaughter a future, it's well worth it.

21. Retrorod

Retrorod

I drive a new Chevy HHR, it at least isn't jelly bean shaped and I don't have to work on it. Flower has a 2003 Chevy Avalanche that just sits in the driveway.....seems like it never moves.

22. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

2000 Chevy Astro cargo van (no side window)
    Blitz black with Cragar S/S wheels

23. spudshaft

spudshaft

Mine -99 F-150
    Hers - 05 chevy uplander

24. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

American!! North American to be specific. Chev Trailblazer SUV and a Dodge Magnum. Both are the best vehicles I have ever owned.
    I've owned a Lexus, Audi and various other Japanese cars. The Lexus had enormous repair bills, the Audi fell apart after 3 years and the Japanese cars are definitely over-rated. We've been brainwashed.

25. '92 4WD with 4.3 V6 and 5-speed O.D.
    24 mpg highway at 60 mph.
    Only foreign car I ever owned was a $50 Volvo 240Turbo.

'83 Venture. 40 - 45 mpg.

Attached Files:

26. eric

eric

1963 ford ranchero, with a 302 motor and an AOD trans, gets around so-cal just fine

27. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

60 Belair is the daily, no A/C. Oklahoma heat. Also have a 64 Scout that I plan on transplanting on a Scout 2 chasis, when I fall over a Scout 2 with good mechanicals and bad body.

* Belair has a shagged tranny, driving an RX8 that a buddy lends me when I break stuff (I'ver been driving it a lot). After the trip to Bonneville Speed Week I'm going to start on a banger of some kind.

** RX8 runs like scalded cat, would be a perfect candidate for paddle shifters.

28. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I love to read these types of posts, Love to see how many **Die Hard Hot Rod & Kustom** guys dont drive or even own one.. Out of 5 complete cars & 4 projects & a basket panhead HD
    My daily driver is a chop top 389 Pontiac 4spd powered '55 F-100 ford OR my work truck... '55 Ford F-350 Dually.
    My daughters daily is a '62 Ford Falcon..... and its the newest car at the house.

29. 5window

5window

Unlike the Ford 150, which is a MEXICAN car, I drive a truly American car-1992 Subaru Legacy wagon, made in Indiana. 234000miles,27 mpg still, scoots and outruns almost everything on the road-but I've slowed down 10 miles and hour to save gas-down to 60. Change the oil every 3K and no major repairs except I replaced the transmission about 5 years ago, hoping to get one more year out of it. Oh, and the AC doesn't work, but the radio is loud.

30. I know it's not popular around here, but I wouldn't buy a modern american car. (other than the Vette I'm lusting for.) Sorry but 30 years in collision repair has soured me on American cars. My 94 Trooper gets 17 MPG, plenty of power, lots of room, and flawless performance for 170,000 mi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.