Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kind of O/T Flowmaster ID?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by selohssa, Oct 22, 2010.

1. selohssa

selohssa

I know that Flowmaster mufflers are not exactly Traditional but I still like the sound on the right car. I was at a bankrupcy auction for a performance shop and bought a pile of new but unboxed flowmasters. Is there any way to ID them as far as series? I don't have these earmarked for anything but I would like to know what they are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

Just go to the Flowmaster website. There' plenty of photos and descriptions so you should be able to identify them laying in a heap.

3. squirrel

squirrel

They changed over the years, so if they're older, you may have trouble figuring out what part number they are using the current catalog/web page.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah...I don't think they're really marked. But if ya look at the weld penetration on the case, you can at least tell if they are 2 or 3 chamber.
    If ya got any with an offset in and center out, in 3", I'd be interested...hehe.

5. selohssa

selohssa

THanks guys. I will check about the two or three chambers. I guess that I will just have to weld them on and see. It was 12 new mufflers for $50, so I don't feel like it was a waste even if none of them work for me.