Register now to get rid of these ads!

Killer T build... Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kulturepimp, May 1, 2008.

1. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

If this is Steve Panaredes (Sp?) doing the building, he is indeed a master. I had him build a torsion bar suspensdion for my '40 a couple years ago. Now all I need to do is get around to actually putting it in my frame. Lee Osborne, another good old boy from Spencerport, NY made me aware of Steve's work and I couldn't be happier. I'd love to see Steve's T in person and just might this year at Indy. Thanks for posting.

2. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

OZZY. he was definetely a local legend when he lived in jamestown, indiana. they built a 33 or 34 ford(street rod) for nascars jeff gordon( who is from nearby pittsboro).

i definetely will be attending the not so good guys on wednesday.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

DAMN NICE!!! It definatly needs to be painted something other than flat black.

4. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Yes it is Steve Panerites, he is in Oz's old shop. He has taught me alot and is a great person...

5. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

bad ass. not enough t coupes out there. keep the build pictures flowing!

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Paint hell, its so nice clearcoat will do just fine.......:D.

7. Double Bass

Double Bass
    from Lebanon

Yes! That car would be very cool with just clearcoat the body looks great.

8. Man... that's not only some nice work... but also he's got everything in the right spot.

And it's also the earlier '32 T coupe... the same body style I built the RR from.

I dig it!

Sam.

9. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

A car of that quality needs paint ....neat ride...

10. Very nice....indeed
    Skot

11. Florian

Florian

12. Doh!

I mean '23!

13. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

The Greek is one of hot rod gods around these parts!!!:cool: Steve set up my frame, suspension and fabricated the exhauust on my sedan about 10 years ago. Great guy and humble as hell too. That "T" will be another work of art from his shop in Jamestown, IN.

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

love it! your boss is doing everything right on that T.

15. stan292

stan292

VERY nice work all around!

I'd love to see MUCH more detail on the torsion setup. Looks like the bars are inside the frame rails? What type/size bars did he use? Are the arms hand made, or bought? Mounting details for all components, etc.

BTW - Leave this guy alone on the color and concentrate on what you can learn here. He has obviously paid his dues, and knows what HE wants. Ain't that what we're all about? (-:

16. storm king

storm king

I'd just have to tell him it has the wrong kind of mill in it for such a nice car, whatever color he paints it!:D

17. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

I know him well enough to bug him about putting paint on it. if its flat black it wont get appreciated for what it is.

He made everything, I will get more detaild pics this week....

18. haha, truer words have never been spoken.

19. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Heard a rumor Friday night that The T body has been turned over to Jerry Carr and he has been given free reign to do what he sees fit.

Cant wait to see this one come together. I might have to take a ride out there Friday after work to check it out.

20. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

the body is in prime, it will have color.. here are some chassis and break setup shots.... Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn, he does good work.

22. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Do you have pics of it on the ground?

23. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Not yet... i will when he gets it down... come out for his party in June before good guys.. it should be painted and ready, not driveable.. but who knows...

24. Lookin great! Love the attention to details that Steve does. Can't wait to see it running setting on the ground.

25. racer5c

racer5c

Steve's work is second to none, just to put it in perspective he has built 3 or 4 cars for Jim McGee, for those of you who don't who McGee is he has won Indy 3 times as a chief mechanic.

McGee is one the winningest Team Managers in the history of Indy Car racing. Since he started working as a car builder and mechanic for Indy Car teams back in 1956, McGee has had 80 championship wins, four Indianapolis 500 victories, nine National Championships, thirteen 500-mile race wins (including Indianapolis), Six poles at Indianapolis, and numerous pit and mechanic awards.

Quite simply: he is the best.

McGee, who began his career as a driver, has had a lot of time to forget that fact.

He started racing modifieds in New England, and then decided he was ill-equipped to drive and turned his efforts to wrenching and tuning. In '61 he formed a friendship with Clint Brawner, the man who discovered Mario Andretti. Working on the Dean Van Lines Special, McGee worked with several drivers from Andretti to Eddie Sachs, becoming the Co-Chief Mechanic with Brawner until 1969, when Granatelli bought the team. That was the first year McGee had a hand in winning the Indy 500.

From there, McGee was a prime-time player. In '71 McGee worked for Parnelli Jones in California on what's now known as the "Superteams Operation" -- a very high-tech, high-dollar team which was so far advanced that it failed. He departed in '74 for Fletcher Racing, taking Pancho Carter to Rookie of the Year honors at Indianapolis, and in 1975 McGee was finally able to turn his genius into consistent results. He moved to Penske, running Penske's operation from '75 to '80, with Mears and Unser and Mario and Tom Sneva doing the driving chores, winning 22 races and three championships along with the Indy 500.

Although the Penske years were successful and put Jim McGee on most team owner's short list of capable Chief Mechanics, the best was yet to come. Under Penske, McGee was still effectively leashed as to what he could do. With Patrick, McGee was able to make all the decisions and all the calls. In that atmosphere, he flourished. When Patrick's operation was sold, McGee moved on to Newman-Haas racing and helped Nigel Mansell capture the championship in 1993.

26. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

The body was put on last night, he was not aware of what color or anything, just that it would be shiny and have color, it looks killer. Jerry Carr and staff did a killer job with some very subtle pin striping. The exhuast is made from chromoly wing struts he had laying around for years.. its Oval. Makes it sound a little higher pitched but it rocks...

check it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

28. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

That's a Beaut Clark!

29. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

thats really nice. great work.....love that color and the nerf bars.