Register now to get rid of these ads!

killer score today !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prost34, Sep 21, 2009.

1. prost34

prost34

I had a "older" elderly gentleman come in my shop today looking to sell a old part he bought at a auction in 1960 or 1970 he could not remmember,he said the kaiser dealership or factory in new jersey was going out of business and he bought a few items,the only item he can find was in a little wooden box that was rotted,inside a nos kaiser mcculloch supercharger with the factory brass plugs still iside and clean atf fluid,also in the box was a pulley and tensioner,all new,never used,just scratched up from the pulley and tensioner in the box with the supercharger,,his asking price/,$100.00 cash or best offer,i ran in the garage and begged my wife to borrow the 100 bucks,after what seemed like a week long lecture on do you really need another supercharger? And you know we need this or that around the house,bla,bla,bla,she gave me the 100 bucks,,,,he was really surprised i did not drew him down,he said he was expecting 50 or 75.00!!,i gave him the 100.00,,,,,,

Attached Files:

2. Gerg

Gerg

wow that is pretty damn cool

3. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Good for you for giving him the full price he wanted, That way when he finds out what is was really worth he can;t say you ripped him off. Duecevw

4. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

You suck and we all hate you.

Nice score and good on you for treating the guy right.

Vance

5. Dude, good for you!! I'm still looking for one of those for my Hudson eight project.....just in case......:D

6. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Good score! You both got what you wanted.

7. Retro61

Retro61

WOW! Awesome Purchase!!

8. Good words all the way around. That's really cool.

9. prost34

prost34

i was thinking about putting it on my nailhead,but i have 6 - 94's on it,cant figure out how to make the inlet tubing look cool for all 6 carbs,,or i might e bay it,i do need the cash for other projects(anglia,f1 pickup rat,67 chevy truck,34 ford,,,hoping i can get top $$ for it on auction,,not sure,,

10. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

What Vance says!.........LOL

11. saltracer219

saltracer219

Nice score! You had to ask your wife?????

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'll give you two hundred right now!

13. prost34

prost34

uh,did i say 100,i meant,uh,er,,1000.oo:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I gotta agree with Vance...we all hate you ....

15. Good catch! What's scary is to think how much cool stuff like this ends up in a scrap pile somewhere because the old guy dies and his heirs have no clue what it is or what it's worth.

16. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Too cool!

I'd love to have that under the hood of my Willys pickup with the 226 Super Hurricane flatty.

I'll give you $110. haha...

17. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Let the bidding begin....I'll give ya $300

18. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

$350.00 Hehe..Lucky bastard!;)

19. some guy's luck is better than others...........

Way to treat the old guy!
    He might remember that if he finds something else.

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

CLASS ACT! Nice to see someone pay a guy what he wants, I find myself doing that a lot more these days, both buyer & seller are happy.

21. lol, do you really need another supercharger? of course you do, we all do.

22. prost34

prost34

he comes in now and then for odd stuff i give him,i small piece of pinstripe,a bolt etc.,a couple years back i was building my wifes 69 camaro rs/ss,its a nickey chevrolet (chicago) clone,l88,tri power ,muncie all the old speedparts from 1969/1970,,i told him about it,he was from chicago,he left and came back with a thick old envolope,on the outside was a nickey chevrolet decal,the old man walked into nickey chevrolet back in 1969 looking for a station wagon,but the salesman gave him all the dealer packs,decals,paperwork,business cards ,pics,specs etc.on the camaro,vega,novas !,the oldtimer still had it,he is a major packrat,,,he told me i can have it if i changed the oil in his rusty old truck !,,but everytime you see the guy he is wearing the same clothes and stinks,,small price to pay,,,,oh! he ended up going to spalding dodge and buying a fury,.,,,,,,,

23. codeblu

codeblu

It's nice when everybody wins...

24. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Does that question even need to be asked?!? :D:rolleyes:;)

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

WOW!!! That's one of the cooler find posted here in awhile. My wife now trusts me when I tell her that the item is worth more than I'm paying for it.

26. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'm sure many can relate to that. I sold a Deisel Dasher to a guy for $900 about 20 years ago. Live in a run down house he was renovating (or so he said). Dirty nasty clothes every time I saw him. The guy was a millionaire when he died.

27. Fenders

Fenders

Yes, you did the right thing... for one more reason, too:
    If you know something is well worth the asking price (or MORE), pay it, and don't argue. Then the seller can't come back and say you took advantage - and sometimes they say that IN COURT!

There have been cases involving old paintings worth millions (but the asking price at the yard sale was SO much lower....)

28. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

you do realize you will have to go to confession for this lmao awesome score