Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kicked Monster garages ass again!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lil mike, Jan 18, 2006.

1. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Well I finally made it home Monday nite (just now had time do this).

The Allstar build was awesome- we built a '54 Ford Ranchwagon (2door wagon), it was chopped 3"- sectioned 4" and had about a inch out of the roof cap. Put Air Ride supspension, and an LS1 w/ a Tremec 6 sp. tranny (voted on using the stock y-block -it ran fine). The original plane was to use a B.B. Chevy but it was too tall to run a hood, so our "ENGINE SPECAILIST" or what ever ya call him sold M.G. a hotrod LS motor. I have to admit, it did run good. Made a shifter out of a 2ft breakover bar and a socket on top of that- all from the tools layin around the shop.

On the build crew were- Gene Winfield, Darryl Starbird, Doug (from the NYC Hotrod build), a couple a' hot welder chicks, another guy welder, an English engine guy, a few other. There were like ten builders in the course of the week. I got to play around alot- Like ride a damn mini bike up and down the street pullin wheelies! Bodydrop tried but couldn't.

Got to go see all the cool shit around town and had a blast. When I get some pictures I'll put'em up here.

LiL Mike

2. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

When all else fails.... put a Chevy in your FoMoco.

When does it air?

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

You live the life Mike. SUPA-STAH!

4. desertdroog

desertdroog

You guys took a 2 door 54 Ford Ranchwagon and gave it the ol' Kustom treatment?

Color me highly aroused!

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

So now do we have to call your agent if we want to talk to you? Ha Ha Ha

6. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

sounds bitchen. What happened to the y block?

7. Yeah, when's it air, Mike? Congrats on getting to go again.

8. Sounds cool Mike, congrats!

9. It wasn't Jessi Combs from xtreme4x4TV show was it ?

10. Cool Mike, sounds like you had fun and this will be a good show to watch. I rarely watch MG anymore, they focus too much on the drama BS, and most of the stuff they build anymore is just stupid. It may be nice fabrication?? but it's not any interest to me.

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

Can't wait to see it.

All this from a guy I first "met" that was passed out in the bed of a pickup truck in Joplin MO.

12. 5foot2

5foot2
    from Maine

This is the second show, right? Has the fisrt aired?

13. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Good job little buddy. I got your text message on Saturday. Kick ass man.

Who are you gonna share the second set of tools with???? Lucky bastard!

Let me know when the first one airs and I'll get the gang rounded up and make a party out of it.

Congratulations!!!!

later brother,
    monkey

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kongrats Mike!!!!

Get ready to sign a lot of autographs in Dewey this year. I did a little Photo shop work on a wagon so we can get an idea what to look for.......

Happy Trails,

Mick

Attached Files:

15. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Excellent Micky!

monkey

16. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Ok, here's the deal.

There are 10 episodes left to be seen. When all the challenges are filmed, edited, whathave ya. They are are gonna air for 10 week straight. Sometime in the summer. When I find out a real date I'll tell ya. That's why the Caddy that Darrly and McPhail did, or the mini-truck I did hasn't aired yet. My mini truck hasn't been "Finished" for the challenge yet- it's at the interior shop. It's challenge is to go to a minitruck show. I plan on goin. Don't know what the challenge for the '54 is.

I won a welder, plasma cutter and more Milwalkee battery powered tools. Hell yeah- and don't think about want'n to borrow them Monkey!!!

We tore the shit out of that building right before we left- they had spent the biggest part of the week cleaning it out- so we kicked a bunch holes in the wall "Just helping the destruction crew that will be there in couple weeks!"

There are No More Monster Garage episodes going to be filmed from last friday on. I kept a bunch of shit that was layin around- like 3ft wide M.G. stickers (I got about 30!) and some cool ass mug- the inside sunvisor off the car etc.

17. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

Congratulations Mike! I'v been hearing about this and it kicks ass! Can't wait to see your episodes. Didn't you get to meet some Rock N Rollers as well?

Crab

18. 5foot2

5foot2
    from Maine

Wow, no more MG.... There is going to be a huge void to fill there. Who will all the Jesse James haters bitch about now?

19. Is there any way a guy could get one of the big MG stickers ? :D

20. Kurt

Kurt

Ditto here. My 9 year old has a bday in a couple weeks. He would absolutly shit over getting one.

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

HELL YEA, THATS WHAT I GOTTA SAY MIKE GOOD TO HAVE YA HOME AGAIN... :cool:

22. ponchoman

ponchoman

Hey Lil' Bro'!
    I am just shickled tit-less on this deal. Can't wait until it airs. BTW, one of those MG stickers would SURE look good on the wall in my shop. :D
    Later,
    DW

23. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Gimme some addys (and an idea of how to send it)- Makin a kids day always come high on my list- I haven't forgot my younger days.

Hey, after I get the stickers shrunk down a little- just so I can say that they are "Mine" I'm gonna get a few that say All Star above the logo for my personal rides.

Oh yeah and yes I meet the one and only Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and he signed my Monster Garage shirt that the show gave me. Gonna go tomorrow and have it framed to hang above my tool box, along with the business card he gave me to get a hold of him sometime to bullshit about cars- it's all he wants to talk about (WAY COOL!) I have wanted to meet Billy since I was like 12 yr old! (the 1st concert I went to was ZZTop and they were the 1st cd I).

24. Geiser

Geiser
    from Massillon

hell ya man, kick ass!

congrats!

-Matt

25. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

He has a book out titled: Billy F. Gibbons: Rock + Roll Gearhead
    It is on Amazon for around $20 I'll have to check it out.

Crab

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's awesome Mike!! Good for you. :cool:

27. RoyalChoppers

RoyalChoppers

Damn that sucks. When I was on Monster garage Body Drop wouldn't let me ride his pocket bike. I was on build 46 the Brewery Fire Truck. I was the Fire Fighter Fabricator in the under wear power lifting the beer keg. Fore some reason I also wore an adult diaper and Tig Welded for a minute or so. Talk about flash burn. Can't wait to see the show Mike. I have a '54 Ford Customline, maybe I can get some good ideas. Speaking of the hottie Jess Combs on 4x4 extreme, I was on the top ten list to be the male host on that show and ddin't get it. Talk about being disapointed after seeing how hot she is. Mmmmm hot little blonde welder with sparrow tattoos. I am in love.

28. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

They got me a X-treme 50 minibike to ride (a XR50 with a 110cc motor) Bodydrop didn't stand a chance on out doin me on it, I been riding dirtbikes since I was 9. I know as much if not more about dirtbikes as I do with old cars. Think I embarassed him a little- That's why I'm the Baddest Miget this side of Anywhere- not Bodydrop.

29. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Oh yeah- and that beer truck/firetruck got me DRUNK after the build, we had a party with a bunch of past builders.

30. MBTex

MBTex

My first album I ever bought with my own money was Tres Hombres. Wore that sucker out. Saw Billy G. at Old Houston Raceway Park in Dickinson in early 80's just hangin out and watching the drags like one of the guys. Very cool guy.