Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevin Lee wheel covers...people are beyond dumb vent.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CanUFelix, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

So I don't normally feel compelled to post these kind of personal vents but i figured some of you may get a kick/DOH!! forehead slap kinda thing out of this, so here goes. I would also like to point out that it is entirely my fault and I am taking the consequences like a man and learning from my mistakes..

As my Roadster project started to see light at the end of the tunnel I fell in love with the idea of some of Kevin Lee's 16"wheel covers for a cool streamlined look along with running a full hood. I actually held off for a while and then when i saw he'd extended the cut off date i jumped in and ordered some.....so i fired him an e-mail yesterday asking about progress and he explained they'd shipped and been signed for a couple of weeks ago. turns out my pay pal account had reverted to my old address without me noticing and they'd been delivered there. No problem think I. I'm friends with my old landlord so hopefully he can call his tenents and pick them up......

Well get this, he gets back to me an hour later and tells me his Tenants "thought it was junk mail and put it in the recycling"....WHAT?????? are you F#@$ing kidding me???????....I tell ya man, Dogtown has gone to the dogs....I bet they drive a small electric hybrid toyota too...

Anyway, Spoke to Kevin and I'll buy another set eventually if he does another run. I'd like to reiterate that this is by no means Kevin's fault, and is in fact mine for not checking details on a transaction fully....just thought you might get a kick out of it.

2. That has to sting. Ouch. :mad:

3. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Awww man sorry for your loss.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the club .........I've done one or two (hundred?) dumb things in my life, as I'm sure most of us have. It's when you repeat the same mistake that you have to worry !!

When you finally get the covers, they'll look so good that you'll forget asbout the memory lapse.

5. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

They didn't put them in the recycle bin. That box was too damned heavy to even think it was junk mail.

They're liars.

6. There using them for Woks! :rolleyes: HRP

7. outlaw256

outlaw256

yep^^^^^^^^^^ some is runnin your caps my friend.....oh and ive done far far worse...so what you did aint to bad..still hurts thou don't it...

8. How could anyone think a large package addressed to you was "junkmail"? They need a kick in the junk.

9. Studebricker

Studebricker
    from TX

that is crazy...

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

They ain't runnin them, but I bet they're selling them!

Go check Craigslist.

SinglefingerSpeedShop.com

11. I'll bet they are in a steel drum/5 gal bucket band and use em for cymbals.....

12. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Haha....A kick in the Male Junk.....

Yeah, I will be investigating this further guys. I guess the moral of the story is double check your bloody details before pressing send....its an easy slip to make. and whilst not everybody likes or trusts Paypal, I do...like everything in life, whether its modern digital life or old fashioned letter writing life....double check your shit fellas.

13. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

So bummed this happened. Just shot you a PM with some details.

Definitely get back with me – my offer stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.