Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kent Fuller needs some Photoshop help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Jan 7, 2007.

1. I found this thread on the 2nd page! Think I'll "sticky" it to keep it alive because Ryan is warm the the paypal idea. He wants to work out the details before he commits to it but I think after we work out the logistics, we can start to get a little money stream trickling in for the Fuller 'liner..stay tuned for further details...

2. av8

av8

For once, I'm speechless. Thanks for the support extended to Fuller, both in illlustration support and possible financial help as well.

Mike

3. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Uhhh ... seems to have come "Unstuck."
    Saw it there earlier.

4. av8

av8

Hi, old pal! I think the thread might have been temporarily pulled from "sticky" status while some sponsorship questions are resolved. I'm confident it will be back in a prominent spot in a day or so.

Mike

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

6. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

No disrespect meant or anything - but a 3D model in CAD is infinately and easily updated, and the actual logos can be "wrapped" around the model and rearranged ad nausium.

Don't get me wrong I do manual renderings too, but fter working with CAD it's hard to dispute all of the advantages.

BTTT - just to keep it hanging around (I am the post killer).

7. BTTT until I hear from Ryan again..

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I unstuck it in an effort to keep interest up... A lot of times when we stick a thread they get stale... I want to avoid that...

I'm pretty confident this whole subject will be front and center soon... Mike and I are working on something.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That thing's rad. I'm in for $5....or more.

10. I'm in for a couple hundred if you let me sit in it.
    I don't think I want to drive it though.

My last brush with fame was getting my name on the dash of the Roach Rod.

11. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Mike ya 'ole dog!
    I ain't any good at Photoshop; but flathead WIRING!! Look out! :D

(keeping the "ball" rolling!)

12. av8

av8

Fuller will be running a data logger, Dave, and is considering a graduated light display (green-yellow-red, maybe) for critical parameters (oil pressure, coolant temperature, EGT) rather than analog gauges or digital readouts. With a data logger minding the store, all that's needed underway are critical limits indications to permit a run to be aborted before the motor is wounded.

BTW, do you have any of the information about front vs. rear wheel-speed differences we were talking about a couple of years ago? As I recall, there was an engineer with either the McLaren or Williams F1 teams that was helping out. I lost all the info I had during file transfer to my new computer. Anything you have would be much appreciated.

Mike

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

BTT

I'd definitely chip in some $$ to see this work of art take on the Salt Flats!!

Malcolm

14. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

The graduated light system is by far a better way to warn of pending problems. Seeing RED is an automatic sensory rather than trying to interpurate numbers.

Mike, should still have the info tucked away.
    Will dig it out and forward to you.
    Dave

15. Waiting patiently for a way to contribute.
    Bttt

16. jambottle

jambottle

what`s the latest news on this?

17. BTTT to keep interest up..

18. CGkidd

CGkidd

Any new word on the whole issue? I am willing to pitch in.

19. av8

av8

Thanks, Rocky. I met with Fuller Friday morning to bring him up to date on what has been going on here while he was in his Sacto shop and out of 'phone contact last week.

Fuller knew only that I was going put out a request for some illustration help on the HAMB. I was confident there would be an enthusiastic and talent-laden response, and of course there was. In spite if me telling him that there was certain to be excellent efforts from a number of very talented graphics folk, he wasn't prepared for the energy and quality and creativity I spread out on the table in front of him Friday morning.

Fuller was very much moved by the response -- you might say he was a bit knocked out by it all. And he's very grateful for the offers of support. He called me early this morning before heading back to his Sacto shop for the week, to talk about details of something that Ryan is working on in Fuller's behalf, and in spite of the very early hour, Fuller was clearly excited about what the HAMB wants to do to support his LSR racing efforts. What a great fit there is here. I'm as excited and energized about the meld of Fuller's 'liner and the HAMB as is Fuller and his wonderful wife and life-partner Evelyn.

This is a great place to be and hang out.

Mike

20. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Not sure how I could add anything to this thing anymore, now that the real talent showed up.

Let's just keep the interest high. I know I am eager to see what's up now...

BTTT

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well don't forget a postal MO way for us that ain't hip on paypal. I'm in when everything's a go. Wonderful project.

22. Degreaser

Degreaser

23. six3amc

six3amc

Not sure if you're still looking for responses, but I was bored today and wanted to see if I could play with it at all.

[​IMG]

24. BTTT.

I love this place.

25. Just wanted to keep this current; waiting patiently for the unveiling of Ryan's brainstorm.:D

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just waiting to finish up some details, but we are gonna help Fuller for sure... Hopefully, we will have something ready to go this week.

27. wanna-b

wanna-b

I'm in for at least lunch money on this. :)

28. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Mike, did first round of info arrive?

(quick way of keepin' this subject "Up Top")

Dave

29. Svenny

Svenny

As stated before, I'm in, and another BTT

30. ALLISON

ALLISON

For times sake, I'll stick with my first post. When your coming up with the initial ideas you can't beat pen and paper... I'll leave the CAD work to the computer guys.