Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keeping water & other stuff out of stacks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38pickup, Sep 5, 2006.

1. 38pickup

38pickup

I am considering running stacks on the 6x2 setup for my pickup, but im scared if I run in the rain its going to hydraulic the motor or get small rocks, etc.

I did a little search but came up with nothing. What do the guys here that run stacks do to keep crap getting in like small rocks, water, etc?

2. stan292

stan292

Most guys using stacks, etc. put some sort of screen between them and the carbs/injectors.

I wouldn't worry about hydrulicking (the motor would surely have quit running due to the water diluting the gas before that becomes a factor). Well before you allow that much water in, you need to have shut down and pulled off the road to wait out the storm. Straight-up stacks simply aren't for driving in deluges.

Carry a elastic-banded rain cap (or two) in the car to pull over the stacks while the rain subsides. Mainly, just use your head.

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I've seen the bottoms of 20oz pop bottles slipped over the top of them. Usually when driving the speed of the vehicle keeps water from going it them to cause any problems.

Just put something over the top.

As far as debris... yeah... screens are your friend.

4. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I've seen pictures of cars at shows with tennis balls stuffed into 'em. Looks cool.

5. Bugman

Bugman

Keep some shower caps in the glove box and bag'em whenever you park. Remember though, stacks like that bring out the worst in people, and someone is bound to screw with them when your away.

6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

If you have to run in the rain, improvise. I saw this at Indy last year..just cut a hole in the back of the bottle. Not the prettiest but these guys had some miles to run in the rain...

CC

7. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just drive it and keep some sandwich bags and rubberbands for when your not. Oh ya and screens are your friend.......Mike

Attached Files:

8. beatnik

beatnik

The Hot Rod Company sells these cool little Scoop Style Air Filters for keeping the dirt out. But you still have to make sure you keep away from any downpours when your parked.

[​IMG]