Register now to get rid of these ads!

keep lookin over your shoulder!!! rear view mirrors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenderless in the n.w., Nov 2, 2012.

1. :cool:looking for something a little different for in my truck , what does everyone else have ?
    :D

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have small peep mirrors that I modified to bolt onto my 27 windshield frame. They are absolutely useless. I am going to add a mirror up high on the middle of the windshield if I can find one that epoxies or suctions onto the glass.

Don

3. i can relate...... i have a peep on the drivers door but nothing inside yet , need something for attaching to the over head (wiper motor cowl?) interior :)

4. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

a friend of mine told me he was not fitting mirrors to his car . i asked why, and he told me that what was behind him was the past cheers hammered

5. kennb

kennb

I think you need mirrors just to keep in check with all the a-holes running around out there. When I first got my 29 Essex I figured what the hell, Johhny law can't break my balls because it wasn't standard equipment on a 29'. Niether was seat belts. Don't feel comfortable without either now. My buddy has a dental mirror on his Harley just to keep it legal, but your field of vision is a lot better on a bike. You can look beside or behind ya. Ken

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I have 4" peeps fitted to windwings on my '35 phaeton. They are better than nothing. Vision is even better when the roof is folded down.

7. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...agreed 100% on the useless peeps.....nearly dislocated my neck trying to look around to the rear. I bought 4 (count'em 4!) cheap convex stick-ons and put them on the windshield pillar peeps on each side, as well as on the windshield wiper housings where they are less obvious.
    Now at least I can see death coming in time to say "OH SHIT!!!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very tough choice to make. I fuckin despise peep mirrors, almost as much as fuzzy dice. To that end, I'm always lookin at swap meets for the kool n unusual from the early 50s thru early 60s. Bitchin stuff like those spotlight mirrors, tri-bars, early racing "torpedo" style (not 70s import plastic), and sometimes the unobtrusive generic commercials. Not many hit my funny bone the right way just yet, but they're out there. Shop the swaps...

9. ibuild

ibuild

i bent some metal and used the peep mirrows on the windshield post on my roadster, they do not work real good but they help, also have a mirrow on the windshield, i like the looks of what you can buy for the model a but i like to build parts sorry can't do pictures, just an old guy trying to get by

10. 76cam

76cam

In my 29 I took a rearview off of a 65 pickup and mounted it upside down and it loos and works good.

11. 61falcon

61falcon

I have the inside rear view mirror but no outside mirrors, been that way about 16 years now and no plans to add any mirrors. just turn my head and go.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Son has 2 larger mirrors from Vintiiques on his rpu windshield posts and they work pretty well, but he still had a blind spot in the center. He added a rear view mirror to the header, right in the middle like a regular car has, and that made a world of difference. He can now see very well what is behind him as well as to the sides.

On my 23 I had two pretty good mirrors that I think came from some motorcycle. I modified them to screw into the windshield posts. The reason I am not sure what they were from is because I bought them with a bunch of parts on Ebay, but they had that motorcyle look to them. The reason they worked better than the peeps is because they are larger in diameter.

Don

13. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Object may be farther behind you than it looks:p

Take your peep mirrors out and replace them with the spot mirrors, most peep mirrors are glued in and will come out if heated with a heat gun or soaked in warm water. I guess you could just break it also.

Stop by your local glass shop and see if they can fix you up with a magnified mirror to fit in the peep mirror.

14. fatforty

fatforty

I use Harley mirrors..

15. You losers need to find a hot chick to ride around in your cars with you to look for traffic when you TELL them to :D

16. thanks Bobby Socks, i like the magnified idea in the peeps , mostly looking for something in the center of the windshield , and the later model mirror may work too just looking for more of a custom touch . thanks for the posts guys