Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage kc ararat swap meet - end of summer ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Aug 25, 2009.

1. Did I miss this, already? Thought Ararat was after Greaserama, but wanted to make sure. See you at the Greaserama. Put a 2x4 intake on the model A last night, in preparation. Carl Hagan

2. switchkid0

switchkid0

Ararat was back in April. They moved it from the Woodlands to Worlds of Fun. I don't know if they're going to have another this fall, but my Pops mentioned something like that the other day. He just turned 66, so sometimes he imagines things. KC Ararat has a website, but i don't think they update very often.

3. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I have September 12 marked on my calendar for that swap meet. Don't know for sure where it will be though. I hope they can eventually go back to the woodlands because WOF kinda sucked.

EDIT: Read BEND's POST BELOW

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  4. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I really like this event because the Shriners do a great job and the money goes to a good cause. This new location is at the big auto auction and is a good place. How can they go back to the woodlands when it is in foreclosure?

6. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

7. switchkid0

switchkid0

Closer to me than WOF, and it's all level ground. I didn't like the multi-level thing. Too bad I won't have any dough for parts, I've kind of blown the HotRod budget lately. I might be able to afford one of those grilled tenderloins, and that alone is worth the trip.

8. jgbailey57

jgbailey57

i'm glad i saw this thread. i would've showed up at WOF just like i showed up at the woodlands in the spring. it's closer to me too. might be the closest swap meet i've ever been to.

9. Bttt.......Carl Hagan ****if your in the KC metro area****I could use a little direction as to how to get to this place****I'm not familiar with Lees Summit at all

10. switchkid0

switchkid0

Carl, if you're in KCK, you'll want to get on I435 and go South. The big loop will bring you around to I470 on the Missouri side. If you go to the Ararat link mentioned earlier in this thread, they have a map at the bottom of the page.