Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical K.R. Wilson Lifting tool 6000AA

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrod_willie, Jul 31, 2018.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Can someone tell want the this tool is used for? KR Wilson Part no. 6000AA IMG_3475.JPG

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Don't know, but...under the system of numbers KRW started using in the mid '30's the tool number matches the root of the part number it's used on, so this is for engine. Probably whole engine since it is the general #. The AA tells you what the vehicle family it serves is, but these designations are pure KRW and do not match up with Fordspeak...I'm pretty sure this isn't for an AA truck.
    The fact that I don't immediately recognize it suggests that is for a vehicle of the last few years of the KRW name, after 1948.
    My flying guess is that it lifts some V8 by the exhaust manifolds.

bonneville bones and 54vicky like this.
  3. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Looks real close to what the military defines as “ whiffle tree “ to remove engines with a mobile crane

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've poked around here a bit trying to figure out KR Wilson tools before http://krwilsontools.com/

Searching around I am not finding anything on that lifting tool though.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  6. Halvor

Halvor
    from Malta,MT

It shows up in the 59 krw tool catalog, listed as engine hoisting sling. No specific application is given, but it must lift a ford v-8 by the exhaust manifolds.
    Halvor

7. Go down to northern Tool co. Purchase 2- large steel hooks. You can then use those to make a Engine hook Lifting by copying the example in the 1950 Manzel Tool Catalog. You’ll need to weld a Cross brace to form a Triangle shape. You use the hooks to the exhaust manifolds to lift the Engines. It will take 4 hooks. The hooks are about 1/2” rods. Dereald

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. It looks like a 55 gallon drum sling.
    Vic

Lost in the Fifties likes this.