Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods just scored a V8 60 with some speed goodies .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWQQD, Jun 1, 2014.

1. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

2. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i agreed on a price and bought this V8 60 motor sight unseen for a decent amount of money and was very pleasantly surprised to find in the box of parts , a harmon collins magneto , re worked stromberg 97's . and an isky cam . it has been ported and polished very nicely and has offy heads and an early edelbrock los angeles intake . it was most definitely in a boat and story is it was at a shop for a rebuild and has been sitting for decades . pile of parts is missing one piston and rod and the head has a couple small marks and a little piece of a ring stuck in it . cylinder looks great crank looks fine , oh and it turned out to be a tinside motor as well ! so i would say my gamble payed off .

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

$$$ damn $$$

kidcampbell71 and HOLLYWQQD like this.
  4. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Beautiful! What a buy! None of mine looked like that. What are you putting it in?

5. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

could be for sale . my original plan was to flip it , then i had it in my hands (never owned one before) and quickly started building something in my head to use it in ,then looked around at all of my other projects that i don't have time or space for ,then decided that the H&C mag and the carbs could go on the race flatty for the Race of Gentlemen roadster im building ,then realized that is only a few months away and time will be a factor then decided to keep it all again and put it in a racer for next year ,then decided .............you get the idea i have no idea what the hell i'm gonna do with it !!

6. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Very COOL, would look good in my midget!

7. Nice score. The mag, heads and intake are probably worth more than you paid for the whole thing.

HOLLYWQQD likes this.
  8. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

I'm guessing 3 or 4 times what I paid . The part that kind of sucks is that the guy I got it from quadrupled his money . Ha ha ! He was buying an 80's mustang LX front clip and got talking to the guy about old stuff . And the guy says " I have an old flathead under the bench" Uncovers it and my buddy gets excited cause its a cool little piece but he wasn't sure of its value ! Talks the guy into selling him the intake and carbs for 40 bucks !!!!!! WTF not only is that a ridiculously low number , I just can't believe the guy had no problem separating it!!!! So he tells me about it and I say I want the rest of the motor . He strikes a deal with the guy to get the rest for another 100 . So he paid 140 for everything ! Yeah you read that right 140.00 USD. For a 37 tinside V8 60 worked over and hopped up nice .with Harmon collins mag offy heads isky cam edelbrock intake modified strombergs etc etc . I payed him more than that but was still happy with the deal I got ! Just kills me that this shit ends up in the wrong hands so much !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  9. Great score,what's the story on the quickchange center section. HRP

10. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Bought it under the impression that it was a 201 and when It showed up its a 301 with adapter bells . Not sure what I'm gonna do with it now ! It was for the roadster I'm building for the race of gentlemen this year but i think its a couple years too new for the 1953 parts cut off date ! So I'm not sure . I paid a bit for it cause like I said I thought it was a 201 by the description (saw no pics before I bought it) why ? do you want it ? Ha ha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!