Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just saying hello... New here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SoulProprietor, Feb 1, 2016.

1. SoulProprietor

SoulProprietor

Just wanted to take a minute and say hello. I have been a fan of the HAMB for a good while... Great content and great people... I finally decided to start working on my old truck and car and am looking forward to sharing what I believe is going to be an epic journey back to the road. I in no way consider myself to be a great craftsman or veteran of field... I just love these old cars, and the memories they invoke. I hope to make friends along the way and look forward to becoming part of the HAMB family. Thanks for reading!

2. belair

belair

3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Welcome and good luck with your treasures.
    Occasionally you'll get some good hearted teasing about this or that but you will generally find the knowledge and help available on the HAMB to be "priceless" for want of a better term.
    Keep workin'
    Al

4. what^^^^he said....but hell you did an intro....which some on here need so much....welcome and good luck with your projects.....

5. Xman

Xman

Welcome board

6. Welcome to the Hamb.

How about sharing a few photo's of your '59 Ford. HRP

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Jim I.

Jim I.

Hello, welcome to the H.A.M.B.!

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Welcome to the funny farm ... er , I mean the HAMB;)

9. 41 C28

41 C28

Welcome. What are you working on ?

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Welcome from northern Wi. Good luck with your project and its true, the only time you can go back in time for awhile is behind the wheel of a old car/ hot rod/ classic.

11. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Welcome from Michigan. Good Luck with your project. If it's your avatar, don't see many '59 Fords. I recall my Uncle coming home each summer while he was in the Air Force, always driving a cool convertible and one year it was a '59 Ford (nearly new or maybe new) Had some great rides in it!

12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love them old picked ups....keep us posted

13. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Good to have you, Lots of good read here.

14. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Your life will never be the same!
    KK

Hot Rod Nut likes this.
  15. SoulProprietor

SoulProprietor

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Here's a few pics of the 59 HRP, and anyone else interested. I know she needs a lot of work, but everyone starts somewhere, right? I always loved this body style... I hear most people either love em or hate em... Choptop, my pickup is an 80 f100... I'll have some pics of it later. It was the first vehicle my father bought new.

16. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Welcome to this crazy place we call the HAMB. Can you post up some actual pics? Your links don't seem to be working.

17. SoulProprietor

SoulProprietor

Oops... Think it may have been a permissions problem. Can you see them now luckythirteenagogo?

18. Just a heads up.the Hamb is pre '65 any newer photos will probably be deleted by the moderators. HRP

19. SoulProprietor

SoulProprietor

Ah yes... Got caught up in the moment. Thanks for the heads up HRP... Just happy to be in the pre 65 club now.

20. At one point, we all started the same as you. Welcome to the Hamb. Buckle up! Tim

21. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Welcome aboard! I didn't see what State you are from?

22. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard!

23. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. I love those inline sixes. MY avatar is of my Chevy six. Back in the day I had a friend that had a 57 ford inline six & it kicked some butt at the drags. It was fast.

Where are you located as likely there are some on the HAMB near you.
    Jimmie

24. SoulProprietor

SoulProprietor

Thanks again for the welcomes. I'm born and raised in east Alabama... Phenix city area... Been here my whole life. I certainly hope there are some local folks around here. And I hear you on the sixes ol-nobull. My brother in law has been running one in his 63 f100 for the last 5 years. Runs like a top... Doesn't ask too much either. I hope to get him on the board here soon... He's an even bigger enthusiast in my opinion.