Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just purchased our first "hot rods" - 1939 and 1940 Ford Sedans

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BFXJason, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BFXJason

BFXJason

We have some 1960's Fords, but this is our first "go" at some Pre-war cars. They are certainly projects, but looking forward to getting into it!

Thanks,

Jason

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. My third car - first hot rod was a 39 ford coupe with less than year old 55 Chevy 265 V8 from a wrecking yard.
    From your profile all of your rides are Hamb friendly rides & that is great.
    What part of the country are you located? Post some photo's when you can.
    Jimmie

BFXJason and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. are you building both, or using two to build one? Their one of my favorite body styles. Like Jimmie said, I too would enjoy seeing your sedans. This is a great place to be when building a project. Have a great New Year, and enjoy your HAMB TIME. Ron {LOW UFO} from Va.

BFXJason and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. BFXJason

BFXJason

Thanks Guys! I am located in Rootstown, Ohio just east of Akron.

Here are some pictures of the day I brought them home. Actually purchased them from another H.A.M.B. member.

Like I said - they are "projects". I'm gonna focus on the '40 as it's in better shape and more complete. It will end up the wife's car, so I'm making sure it will be reliable and easy to drive. Not sure on the '39 yet...May clean it up and sell it but time will tell. We also run a small farm so we do not get bored! IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3752.JPG

5. Welcome. Looks like some great projects.

BFXJason likes this.
  6. Welcome to the Hamb,the 39/40 Fords make great hot rods.

I've had a 39 Convertible,40 pickup,3 -'40 coupes and 2 - '4o sedans and if the right deal came along tomorrow I would have another.

We you get started keep us update with photo's of the progress. HRP

7. BFXJason

BFXJason

Thanks. There certainly seems to be A LOT of experience here so any help is appreciated.

I'm anxious to get started but I have a few other projects to finish before summer. The hardest part will be pacing myself! hehehe. I'll keep everyone updated.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

Love to have a 39 or 40 sedan. Good luck on your project.

BFXJason likes this.
  9. BFXJason

BFXJason

Thank you southcross2631!