Register now to get rid of these ads!

just need to vent a little...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elrobo818, Apr 16, 2009.

1. elrobo818

elrobo818

#%@$$#@$!$#%

SOO... i was cleaning off my mack pinstriping brush that i JUST got...

and it fell apart?... i was using some enamel paint... (which im sure had someting to do with it) and when i was trying to clean it off... IT JUST FELL APART...!!!... ugh...

lesson learned... before goin headfirst into something... i should have all the PROPER supplies i need so that i dont end up like this again...

back to step 1...

thats life for ya.

2. r8odecay

r8odecay

Made in China??

3. elrobo818

elrobo818

ha! probably...

4. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1 shot is enamel and thats a industry standard... mack usually is a decent brush i thought. what cleaner.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a certain ritual that has to be performed to properly prepare a striping brush before it is ready to stripe with. Not a hocus pocus but actually h.ow you prep the brush. Time for one of the stripers to chime in on that though.

6. 2-TONED

2-TONED

ya pulled on the hairs didnt ya! :eek:

dont pull on the hairs to clean.

7. mottsrods

mottsrods

Ok, here's my 7 cents........before you use a new brush, you should dip it in mineral oil and saturate the entire brush. Once you pull it out, lightly and gently, hold the brush between two fingers and ring out the excess........repeat. Let it soak for a few days before you use it to stripe. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STRIPE ANYTHING MAJOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!! The brush will leave a bit of 'piping' as you use it the first time. Once you clean it out the first time, I use mineral spirits, it will clean the brush out thoroughly and it is ready to use. REMEMBER THIS!!! You still have to go through training the brush. Training the brush can take several uses, especially on the finer ones. After each use, you should clean it thoroughly and the put another coat of mineral oil on it before storage. If you go a month or so between uses, open up your paint box and check them that they are not getting dry. I use the blue Scott paper towel in my box to lay my brushes on. The mineral oil will eventually soak into the towel and provide a good bed for storage. I'll get some pics of my paint box and put them on later. I hope this is some good usefull info for someone.

Mott

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

It happens once in a while.

9. elrobo818

elrobo818

guilty... :( but i didnt yank on em... i have to be more gentle i guess... i was suprised how it all... just fell apart.

10. elrobo818

elrobo818

hmm.. i did not know this... thanks for the pointers... i gotta get me some mineral spirits. theres actually a lot i dont know... i kinda just jumped into... then when i got knee deep in s&^% (brush fallin apart) i realized theres a lot more to it than just brush, paint, metal...

i said it before... lesson learned.:eek: