Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just got back from the SEMA show in 'Vegas...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Conder

Conder

It was the first time I've ever been. When I bought my Halibrand in '93 for the panhead I tried to get them to build this....

It's a car wheel adapter hub for motorcycles. With it you can run any car wheel on a bike, even pin drive dirttracker or Indy wheels. This part development has been on and off the shelf since '93, but this year Halibrand called (at the last minute) and asked me to develop it with a brand new 2006 softail. This is where I've been for the past few weeks.

It went over HUGE at SEMA. With this hub we've just increased your motorcycle wheel choices by the thousands. If it sounds like I'm promoting this thing you're absolutely right! I've been trying to get this part off the ground for over 13 years and the planets have finally lined up.

I'll post pictures and the story of it later... - Thanks, Tim

Attached Files:

2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

That is bad to the bone!! I was thinking of that about a month ago why no one has made one! then I thought by now some had to of made one and it didnt work or some thing. Guess i was was wrong. congrads on the new product it will do good.

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wish I had known you were there, I would've liked to say HI again. Nifty product, I'm sure!

4. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Great idea. Good luck with it.

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

cool part im sure it will be a hot item as soon as it hits the market

6. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Jeem,

Ya must be a ghost cause everytime I went somewhere you had just been there or left was hopin to meet ya maybe next time.

Shoe

7. brandon

brandon

that hub deal was what i emailed ya about a couple years ago......after you did the tool bike......ought to be interesting at the v twin expo to who has it on something......brandon in ky

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

wish i would have run into you Tim. i missed your little creation too. bummer. damn good idea though. i had actually been wondering if anyone made such a thing. there were some neat bikes at that show.

9. Conder

Conder

Thanks! It was cool there. Sorry I seemed to have missed so many folks. The concept behind this Halibrand bike was to build a street rod. We started with a stock 200 rear tire softail springer and lowered it 2", swapped front ends, and cut up some stock heritage fenders for it. The wheels are real Halibrand pin drive sprints, 17x6 rear and 17x4.5 front. I painted it using the old "GEE BEE" paint scheme, candy black cherry with that new chev '06 copper.

Aside from the GMA combination belt pulley brake rotor, the wheels were a snap. Just put the hub in from the back of the wheel, push the pressure plate on from the front and spin on the knockoff. A couple whacks from a rubber mallet to tighten everything, then I just installed it like any other motorcycle wheel. Easy.

Well, this being the prototype hub set, it wasn't THAT easy, but after I got everything sorted it went pretty smooth. I never worked with real knock-off wheels before, pretty cool.

The kit will come assembled with bearings/preload spacer in place and all ARP hardware. We're going to try and retail 'er for way under 400 bucks. God bless America, I'm building a V-Rod wit' 28s!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files: