Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just got a new ride!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Theo Douglas, May 12, 2007.

1. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Hey, guys,

With the help of friends, I dragged home a three-wheeled '49 Ford business coupe today. (I guess it's on a gangster lean.) I'll try to post some pics very soon; my cell phone died, so I've got to find my charger. But just picture a coupe missing a right-side wheel and axle, with no glass and plenty of surface rust and dents, and you're in the room.

I am of course looking for parts, and in brief here's my list: front and back seats; dashboard parts (the gauge, and pretty much all the knobs); front arm rests; inside visors; and ESPECIALLY a passenger door.
    Mine has a big dent, and it won't close.
    I also need the driver's side side window frame (the pop-up one; it's missing); a rear window (yeah, right, huh?); and the split that divides the windshield. The idiot who sold it to me told me it was in the car--but of course I didn't find it.

All things considered it's in okay shape--just needs two of everything. Take off the radiator cap--as someone once said--and throw everything else away.

Thanks for reading, and maybe you'll see it at a car show in about 5 or 8 years.

Theo

2. skyrodder

skyrodder

hey 5 or 8 years but you ll get there!.. good luck on the build and keep us posted

3. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Thanks, Skyrodder. All it takes is time and money, right? And a lot of hard work.