Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just curious.....have any vehicles reported here as stolen been found?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47Plym, Jul 21, 2010.

1. I see that today there's another report of a stolen custom car in So Cal.

Over the past year or more there have been several reports of cars,
    trucks and trailers ripped off by thieves.

Everyone tries to be on the lookout for the described vehicle in a pretty
    wide area to where it was taken. But, have any ever been found.

**Think I remember one story about a car being found in a shipping
    container, or some such, but that's the only one I recall.

It would be nice to hear some happy endings.

2. Clark

Clark

Yankee Dave got his car back.
    Clark

3. big creep

big creep

yea my buddy had his ot bike stolen from his secured parking lot under his new apartment building, they have cameras everywhere! but they were also "coincidentally" not working when it was stolen!

4. There seem to be more rules to protect the criminal than to help the
    victim. Some of the security camera shots I've seen are pretty
    worthless also.

I was hoping to hear some had been located.

5. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

this is why my rides are set to kill the thief.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ Dont hold back! ^^^
    HOW????

7. Bear trap under theeee mejican blanket?
    ;););):eek::eek::eek:

8. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

Halon system in the cab hooked to the alarm and the red "start" button" .. that does nothing but pop the Halon system. just walk to your car, open the door toss out the body and drive home with the windows open.

9. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

haha, nice :D

10. HRod 50

HRod 50

Folks he means through the HAMB.. Has anyone ever posted on the HAMB, and someone through the HAMB help the guy get his car back?

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

:D Fuckin sweeeeet.:D

12. RichG

RichG

Halon is just an oxygen displacing gas, it doesn't cause you to "pass out". All the aspiring thief would have to do is simply open the door, or not close it behind him in the first place...:rolleyes:

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Careful man I had trouble with gas thieft so one day I put a locking cap on the driver side tank of my truck and a regular non locker on the pass. Then put a few gallons of bleach in the tank. Next morning I found a twitching tweaker on my lawn next to the truck. When the police got there they were talkin about charging me!! (Thats just were I store my bleach officer) I'll have to label that from now on.

14. i had a vehicle stolen before even found out who did it and where its at.they took the car out of state police said they couldnt do anything about it. a few years later the officer came to appoligiez they found my car right where i told them where it was and it was at a chop shop...... there was nothing left of it . i was like "no shiat" its only been gone for a couple years!!! now get off my lawn!!!!

15. i say we all get these put on are cars best theft prevention i have ever seen :D

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDrzMGdYWZc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

16. Hahaha, love it....so he was whiter than white?

17. Koz

Koz

As a side note, Yankee Dave had his roadster returned through the efforts of a couple of clubs, not the police. The police were interested in hearing if we knew who had it but pretty much gave lip service to actually doing anything. Lately there efforts seem to be directed toward the protection of life and revenue enhancement for the politicians. No dis on them. They work for somebody else just like we all do.

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

maybe it was a tough part of town or there was a convention at Krispy Kreme---gotta have your priorities straight.

19. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Someone's Cadillac was found at Viva a couple years back? Another guy had his HAMB gas rail stolen and it was found in a storage area – trailer and all I believe.

Now finding those may or may not have been a direct result of the HAMB, but I'm sure getting the word out helped in some way.

20. belair

belair

I got an accurate lead on my Buick, but it was moved and crushed by the time I could act.

21. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Had a chain and jack stolen out of the bed on my pickup. Caught the guy going through the cab. Didn't know he had already got the jack and chain. Said he was just admiring my truck. Told him most people usually knock and ask permission before going into some one's vehicle. He then said I had a nice junkyard in my back lot. Pissed me off. Police station is across the street from my yard. After thief left I noticed chain and jack were missing. This happened on a Sunday, figured he was tossing cars in the Church parking lot also. Went and reported it, Cops could care less. Figured the only Pawn shop in town opened at 11:00. I was there at 11:05. Caught the thief leaving the pawn shop. Went inside asked if he had pawned my stuff. He had. Called the cops with a full description of him, vehicle, and plate #. They wanted to know which way he was headed, and if I wanted to press charges. "Hell yeah, what do you think I'm talking to ya for?" Any way they booked him. Took my stuff into evidence. 8 Months later it finally went to Court. He didn't show up. Judge couldn't believe I had confronted him. Guy that was with him was also wanted on a warrant. Month later I finally got my stuff back. Found out he did eventually go to jail. Our system needs a serious overhaul.

22. LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Folks just wanna ramble....with no focus on the original question. I've been laughing under my breath til I read your post. Thanks;)
    I was curious as to the answer to the original question myself.

23. OLLIN

OLLIN

Didn't Thunderrod get his car back?

24. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

you can drown in open air you know that right, all he has to do is inhale once, sure he could run from the car, but he'll only make it
    as far as his oxiginated blood will get him, his lungs will be full of halon.

same with stupid gas, kills you dead. no problamo

25. Has anyone tried the shock thing........where you get shocked when touching
    any place on the car? My Dad used to tell about his college days when
    they would attach a magneto from a Model T to the door handle of their
    dorm room. When turned on, whoever touched the handle got a shock.
    I think those old magnetos put out a pretty good kick. Just hide the mag in the trunk, wire it up to the body, install a hidden activation switch or use
    a keyless clicker. :D

26. Deuces

Deuces

You could always use the car's cigarette lighter (if it has one) to ground out the coil and prevent your ride from being stolen..... Just takes a length of wire about yea long... I'm sure you guys can figure it out... :D

27. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I'd like to hear more revenge fantasies of what to do with the thief, please. We never get enough of those whenever someone gets something ripped off :rolleyes:

Do I even need to mention that a booby trap is a horrible idea? If someone gets hurt your life is over as you know it.

28. Deuces

Deuces

I'd love to catch them bastards in the act and pop a cap off in their ass... :)

29. Amen to that, It is against the law to booby trap anything, house auto and so on. Years ago a friend living out in the sticks had his house broken into several times when he was out of town, he decided to string up a shotgun to the front door, door opened, boom, dead neighbor, he got 15 years of hard time and lost everything he had in a civil lawsuit.

30. Were still hoping to hear about 1lowtrucks custom chevy truck.

Stolen from this years Lone star roundup.

Attached Files: