Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just bought a big ole Lincoln...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rld14, Jul 31, 2011.

1. rld14

rld14

Now I gotta figure out a plan for it.

So I wanted a 56, but the two I found were either really rusty, or overpriced and rusty....

Then I spotted this one on eBay... It's a 60 Premiere coupe, and it's got factory air, power gizmos, and what even looks like factory cruise...

And it's NOT rotted out!

For $6,000 I thought.. how can I lose? Yeah it needs some work but nothing I can't handle pretty quickly. Plus it fits my budget a LOT better.

This is gonna be the new daily driver. So far I'm thinking that right up front it needs a slightly noisy exhaust and a 4barrel intake (60s went from a 4V to a 2V which cost 30 or so HP to help save fuel.. HA!)

So I'm thinking what to do with it... I'm thinking nose it, drop it, maybe some Supremes?

I am looking for some inspiration from the esteemed members of the HAMB.

Bill

More pics here:

http://www.tcsvec.info/1960Lincoln.html

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

It's even a coupe too, and I like that mint green color, I really want a '58. I could see a flaked roof, some different wheels and some of those whitewalls that aren't quite "wide" whites but wider than standard ones, not sure what they're called. I don't think I'd do anything to the main body that would disturb the paint, it looks nice. I could easily see a tube grille in there too, and that'd be about it.

3. Posted this on the Gambinos Lincoln thread. Maybe an idea here for you...

[​IMG]

4. A guy in town has a 59 or 60 4dr,He wanted 3k for it and it is horrible condition.
    I love the lines on the car and I always wanted to see one customized or at least in mint cond like yours.
    great save

5. rld14

rld14

Thanks guys!

That 4 door looks nice.. might be a bit wilder than what I am thinking of doing.

So far, joined the alliance today, and ordered tires for it from Coker.. 9.50-14 BFG Silvertowns with a 2 1/4" Whitewall... right now it's got 225-75-14 radials on it. Uhh, no. Those are GOING.

I've seen lots of 58-60 Lincolns with radials on them and they look ridiculous.

6. rixrex

rixrex

That bodystyle Lincoln is so fine..radical styling..and quite rare to find, in all my years I've only found a couple for sale..congratulations

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

don't you have to register them things with the Coast Guard? Get a hull number?

I really like the 58-59 Lincolns...I first started driving in 1958, and I remember one of the neighbors bought one....it was TWICE as long (it seemed) as my puny 47 Merc coupe....he let me and my buddy look under that gigantic hood....man..the pipes, the hoses, the tubing...oh..the humanity. The inside? Bigger than my high school gymnasium...I'm sure of it.

Nice ride - always a place in a true rodder's heart for an early barge..

dj

8. josh77

josh77

Nice score! I think some Supremes would look good......

9. Congratulations!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My dad had one of those when I was 6 or 7 yrs old. At the time two of my older brothers had 289 Hi Po mustangs. They also had shirts that said Hi Po boys on them. Well I had seen that phrase so many times that I guess it stuck in my head because one day I wrote "HiPo" on dads Lincoln with my finger on his dirty fender. He got mad because he thought I was calling his car a HIPPO!:D I guess they are kinda large. Nice rig by the way.

11. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Nice looking "Land Yacht"!

Restored my 58 Premier in the mid 90's and have been running the 9.50 x 14 BF Goodrich Silvertown tires since then. Those tires really fit the car and make it look right.

Good Luck, Have Fun

Attached Files:

12. retromotors

retromotors

Love the dashboard pic ...!!! "Ground control to Major Tom ..." :cool:

13. rld14

rld14

Thanks! My girlfriend thinks it's huge and ugly, that's usually a good sign as she thinks I should drive a Camry.

And thanks for posting the pics of that 60 Coupe Mitchell... that's amazing!

Well as we speak the Lincoln is on its' way to me... might even see it tomorrow... I'll post pics once it gets here.

14. rld14

rld14

Ahhh...

So the Lincoln has arrived! Can't upload pics at work for some silly reason, but do have em on facebook (billwnj at gmail dot com)

Last night I managed to drive it, running off a gas can, to the back of the dealership where I work. It's hysterical seeing this thing parked next to Hyundais...

So today I technically get off work at 5.. so I snagged a spare lift in the shop, drained the tank, replaced the rubber fuel lines.. and bingo! She starts and she runs!

I managed to get her to her natural habitat, the gas station around the corner. I gotta say this car looks ridiculous on these 225-75 radials, can't get the 9.50-14 BFGs on soon enough.

So all tickled pink that it's running (The brakes need a lot of work, it runs like shit, etc.. I still gotta fix it) I go to pull it into the wash bay to hose it off...

BOOM! Pop sound, smoke billowing, FIRE! The p/s pressure hose blew, doused the exhaust manifold with fluid, and a fire ensued. I managed to get it out without any real damage.

So there goes that idea... did find a repop hose on the bay for cheap tho.

But it's alive, I am happy.. and I should have her roadworthy in the next week or two.

15. Looks like a fantastic car. How do you see them on f-book?

16. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Pretty damn good template for inspiration. Astros would look cool also. Good luck.

17. rld14

rld14

Add me.. billwnj @ gmail dot com

Here's some I have taken since yesterday...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the "OH FUCK" aftermath....

[​IMG]

18. skoh73

skoh73

19. rld14

rld14

Assuming everything goes to plan I'll have the mechanicals finished tomorrow! Should be on the road tomorrow night! :D

The Ford has had me a bit sidetracked..

20. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

The epitome of the phrase "Land Yacht"!

21. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

God damn those cars are ugly :D

22. rld14

rld14

It's funny... I dropped the car off at my mechanic's so I can borrow his lift. When I dropped the plates off I got a call from him...

"Bill... you dropped the wrong plates off, you need to get a Yacht registration for this"

:D

23. rld14

rld14

That's the point! :D

24. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

25. 60hotrodlincoln

60hotrodlincoln
    from delco pa

i have near new seats for that lincoln. also i have the door panels all 4 that were redone also. i have fender skirts 4 barrel intake with 750 edelbrock carb and a aluminum radiator 3 core. seats door panels are in excellent condition so are the skirts. carb and radiator have only 1500 miles on them. i also have chip foose rims for that car also 5x5.5 bolt pattern with nice michelin 235 75r 16. i want to sell everything all one shot. the seats and door panels alone were 3300. i will sell everyhting for 3000.00. i live 15 sout of the phila airport. thanks

26. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

Big old Lincoln's are cool, 2 & 4 doors.............. Looking good....

27. 8-9-duck

8-9-duck

i've lived in apartments smaller than that. i'm in lust with it.

28. sololobo

sololobo

What a score, this baby is so customised as it stands, if it were mine it would be a clean up real good, get the mechanicals worked and cruz this baby with a grin as wide as the car. It is just so smokin I can't believe my eyes. I have seen a few of these go bad when folks customised them, and ruined the smooth flow done by the designers with a real forward thinking design. I am so happy for you and wish you many days of happy cruzin in this beauty, thanx for showing the gem to us. Knocked Out!! Check out GoozGaz's sweet ride, it is so badass. ~sololobo~

29. Rebracer

Rebracer

I agree with the above, these cars were the epitome of design and were true factory customs, don't ruin it by cutting it and shaving it up. And please don't slam it two inches from the ground, this size car will look like a giant king size mattress laying on the pavement. Its a great car, I would love to have it.

30. rld14

rld14

Now that I have it somewhat together..... Yeah it's staying stock or reasonably so. I'll post some pics of it later today...