Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just because you can,should you ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hank50car, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I was thinking about building a custom pick up. I've got a 50 f-1 cab and bed (It was hit by a drunk driver running from the law in my yard about 20 years ago.) and 47 Lincoln club coupe front and rear fenders and hood. I had a some thing like the Dream Truck in mind, what do you think?

2. F&J

F&J

Do it, but without modern influences. That might sound easy, but it's not. Look at the old autorama custom trucks and pick out details from each one you like.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that the first order of business is to figure out if you can get the Lincoln nose to work on the truck cab without going nuts in the process. You might need part of the Lincoln cowl for that before you are done.

4. That's what I was thinking .I have a 54 chevy car front suspention, same as early vette right that looks like it would fit the truck frame without to much modification/ That would bring it down in the front . Maybe zee the frame in the rear.

5. junkjunky

junkjunky

Go for it , cut it up , weld it back together leaving out the parts that don't look right.

6. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I was with you right up until the point where you were thinking about the '54 front end. They were clunky and not well revered even back then.

7. I haven't mocked up the hood and truck yet They are in two different locations but I've held the rear fenders up to the bed and front ones to the cab and that part looks doable. I hadn't decided if I should section the cab or not yet.

8. i think you need to take side view pictures of both and get a photoshop guru to work his magic.

9. The chevy front end is something I had lying around .The wrecked truck has a nova subframe. I have a bare frame that I was going to start from. I have xj 6 front and rear also but I didn't feel it was right for this build. I can always hunt up a stock axle to put back under the front

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

Its been done, there was a thread on the car