Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just another 29 RPU build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by house of fab, Dec 4, 2007.

1. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Here are some pics of a 29 RPU that Im building. Built frame on my jig,its 2x3 .120 with a stock rear crossmember and B-ville front crossmember and horns. Its got a 260 with a c4 trans with trips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow that looks cool, I'm unsure about that rear kickup being strong/safe though??

I'm don't really like the frame sticking out of the top of the bed, you could have just made the frame straight back and mounted the axle on top of the frame. just my .02.....

4. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Yes I do work on "customer rides"and do quite a bit of aluminum work, gas tanks, dash boards etc. Yes I live in L.A (thats lower ashland) about 2 miles off of 95. Check out my web site
    www.havlirhouseoffab.com or give me a call cell 804-245-1959. Hope to talk with you soon.

5. Looks good except the front disc brakes.

6. Don't like to rag on another mans build---but---that rear kick-up is uglier than original sin!!! Why did you make it so high. It looks like you made it that high to suit a set of coil overs that you already had laying around the shop. Now the guy won't be able to use his bed for anything, and you've got that big assed original crossmember stuck up almost above the top of the bed???? You only need a maximum of 4" clearance between the top of the rear axle tube and the underside of the frame member under fully loaded condition (weight of body and engine in chassis).

7. Chopped26

Chopped26

Nice looking rpu and great looking shop as stated above. I really like the looks of that 260

8. I have to agree with Brian, the fab work looks like it's good quality, but the rear kickup is un-necessarily tall. You could probably trade those coil-overs for a nice rear leaf.

9. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Great looking engineering, nice welding too. I'm planning to use that type of triangulated four bar on my next build, wasn't sure how 'angled' I'd have to go to keep things are in place. Looks like I don't need to go too radical though.

I must echo the other guys, the rear crossmember looks a bit out of place. Lose a couple of inches on the height of the top frame and use flat box for the crossmember and shorter coilovers and it'll be an excellent build.

10. draider

draider
    from Texas

Looks good. I like that you are using the 260/ C4 combo, don't see that too often. Gonna be a cool truck, keep us posted.

11. DJM

DJM

I've seen the quality work that is done at House of Fab. Its second to none. His prices and products cant be beat. I dare anyone to shop around for a frame or frame kit...then ask Dave.

Dave has built alot of cool frames hes building me a custom frame for a 31 coupe.

UGLY??? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...AKA the guy who pays the tab. I also know the customer, and he requested that the cross member be high enough to hang a stop light. WAIT and SEE. Give Dave time he can make anything look cool!

As far as disc brakes...try driving around DC. Stoping is a good thing!

Attached is a suicide shifter Dave made for my 63 Pan.

DSC04545.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

12. Your right!!! The customer does get to call the shots. Strange taste perhaps, but the man spending the money gets to make the decisions.

13. movingviolation

movingviolation

Beautiful just beautiful!

Same direction as mine except the rear kick on my chassis is angled.

It has inspired me to get the ball rolling again.

Leon

14. cball

cball

Nice color green! Here is my 29 RPU.

Attached Files:

15. bobscogin

bobscogin

cball, is your truck built on a Model A frame? If so, how much kick up in the rear?

Bob

16. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

I don't care what the haters say, I think it looks cool. Kick it up in the rear slam it on the ground. Whatever dude it is YOUR ride, build it how YOU want it not some other joker.

17. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks great, even the kick-up. My International has a 22" rear kick!

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

What are the wheels?...size?...lug pattern?...manufacturer?...new?...old?............did I miss anything?

19. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

\
    That one of Norberts?

20. cball

cball

Yes it is, and I put a 3 inch kick-up in the rear, the thickness of the rectangular tubing with a z'd piece, 45'ed, butted, and welded.

21. mmancari

mmancari
    from new haven

Yo, your work looks great. The garage is the way it should be. I'm sure your a busy man. I can't wait to see more work from house of Fab! Any other projects on the way?

22. That clean garage also impressed me - a reflection of the clean detailed work you do, no doubt about it!:D

23. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

That one of Norberts? Yes the body and the bed are one of his. I guess we were one of the "lucky" ones to get delivery. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

24. looking good,nice welding!

25. dude, i love your rpu. i like the overall look of the project. nice

-ncg

26. Louie S.

Louie S.

Who made that bed?

27. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Louie S That bed is made by last refuge out of colorodo

28. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

That is kick butt...
    I love it man!

29. EdselRich

EdselRich

nice nice nice nice nice lovin' the creativity of it form and function lookin good keep the pics comin

30. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Hey Dan glad to report the shop is currently a snake free zone.