Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a question for discusion on what's a Past Present & Future "Traditional" Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftee6effie, Jul 9, 2012.

1. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

I was just reading the thread on "Event Coverage Street Rodders are Getting Old" and it makes me sad to think what will happen to the hobby one day if all the people involved get old and die off and or we run out of old Detroit Iron to build into Rods and it got me thinking about the "Traditional" Hot Rod and what it is or was back in the day.
    Wasn't it like you found a running old car or truck or your daily driver or you bought a body and frame and an engine out of this and a tranny out of that and a diff out of another car and suspension and maybe some speed parts from the mail order company Speedway Motors or local speed shop if you were in a big city and then you proceded to piece together and built a Hot Rod?
    It wasn't get the chequebook out and have one built to your liking for the majority of Rodders.
    So (don't shoot me for asking) isn't it still the same for a guy (or girl) of today or in the future to find a body,frame,engine,trany a speed part here or there and build a "Traditional " Hot Rod in the way it was done in the 30's 40's 50's early 60's? except using modern day parts? Ya I know the old Trad Rods and Customs are king but what about the future when we're all dead and the old iron's all but gone? Hopefully some people will carry it on with whatever they have to work with and build it in the "Tradtional" way all be it in "their" day. Or could you guys care less what happens in the future? Just food for thought.

2. skull

skull

traditional will always be 20's thru 50's vehicles and with all the after market bodies and parts available the hobby should survive long after we ''old'' ones are gone.

that is my humble opinion.

Later :cool: