Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just A Little Lower Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Sep 26, 2007.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Hey' can somebody tell me how to lower the back of my 51 chevy wagon it has the orignal torque tube and leaf springs still in it Ijust wanna 1"-2" drop, will blocks work ? thanks Brian

2. Squablow

Squablow

Blocks will work fine, you have rear leaf springs, so you just need to remove your old u-bolts, put the blocks in between the rearend and the springs, then replace the old U-bolts with longer ones. Speedway sells them.

3. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Squablow, thanks for the info I wasn't sure cause of the configuration of the bolt ontop of the leafspring thanks Brian

4. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

don't worry about speedway and their shitty service of processing orders. The did mine a day late for some reason. Head over to your local autozone, and pick up a set. I went with 3" in the back. I think it was 41$ all together. The parts are good quality, not what I expected.

-Rick