Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a kid from Norway

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Zykotec, May 30, 2011.

1. Zykotec

Zykotec

Hi, this will be short, as I write with a broken hand, but I love classic and traditional cars, but my friends and family think that my 1984 Ford Sierra is ancient.... I need a place where people understand me :)
    I'm hoping to get into 'real' cars as soon as possible, allthough I fear I'll have to settle with a VW rod, or chopped Volvo Amazon for starters, just gotta build a garage first, and finish my OT cars :p
    I'm only 32 years old, so still a child (allthough my 11 year old daughter feels different)

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

welcome
    hope the hand heals us soon.

3. Zykotec

Zykotec

Thank you, I'll try to write add more later. I guess I should mention I've loved cars, and drawn/painted/scratched hot rods and customs since my early teens, and cars in general since before I can remember :) I love more or less anything with an engine powering it's wheels, but I love the visual mechanics of hot rods, and the flowing lines of classic customs.
    I have owned some OT cars done up quite traditionally (slotmags and flames on a late 80's Ford , long before the whole 'retro' wave hit Europe)
    I hope I'll be able to contribute somewhat to the community in form of artwork and photoshops, but I guess I'll spend some time getiign inspiration for getiing a traditional car myself, and learning how to make friends and family accept that owning a 50-80 year old piece is an important part of life :)

4. Salt Racer

Salt Racer
    from Ft Worth

Doing the Salt each year is where my love of the traditional ways have led, love Don Ross' work, aspire to be more like him and Foster. I hope to
    learn a little more here.
    Thanks,
    George Fields
    Blown Fuel Competition Coupe

5. Welcome Zykotec. Looks like you're doing great with just one hand right now. Hope the other one heals soon. Been through two broken hands myself. NOT FUN. Enjoy the board.

a piece of advice for ya(before the wolves rip you apart) ...you might want to do your intro on your own thread rather than highjacking an intro thread started by someone else. It's considered rude.