Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard alert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enjenjo, Dec 13, 2003.

1. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

If any of you have seen something at Hog Heaven that you want, you better get it NOW, it will be gone by the first of the year, every thing is being crushed.

2. Thanks for the heads up.Where is this place,and what do they have?

3. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

This is the yard we went to a few weeks back in Swanton Ohio. the state is hassling him, and he has someone interested in the land, so he is getting out.

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

Oddly enough I might be interested in a '46 through early 60's Willys VIN plate and title....

Do you think they have anything like that? If so, could I pursuade you to get it for me? (I would pay of course)....

Just wondering.

JT

5. How about 54/55/56 Caddie dagmars and outer bumpers?

6. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Well, the scrapers have offered to pay top dollar fo his scrap, so any car there is worth $100 to him, and that's without touching it. I know some of his prices are a bit high, but this stuff is just about to get a lot rarer.

7. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

Enjenjo, sent you a PM!

8. Rooster

Rooster

Top dollar, what's that 2c per pound? I'd like to go pull what I can, given the suddeness of the situation, but I'd sure hope he doesn't want the $100 for the 10lbs. I'm gonna take offa the car, while leaving the rest for him to sell again. Frank, you gonna pull them woody pieces? Think that juice brake axle Dan wanted got any cheaper yet? I can think of a hundred items I'd want if I could get em for their weight!!!!

9. Any 59/60 Impala 2-door hardtop/convertibles there??

I really need a convertible back seat. Pontiac or Chevrolet will work.

Travis

10. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Frank,
    ...any idea what his hours are on Saturday? Does he close up at noon or something?

11. Rooster

Rooster

I believe there's a 59 Pontiac conv. sittin there, not sure that anything would be left inside of Any of the convertibles I've seen there with tattered rags on the bows... Several HT's of the era though.

12. Well... even if it's just a bare backseat frame from that pontiac I could use it. Maybe even the piston covers and armrests for the convertible. Can you check it out for me and let me know? The other thing I'd like it all the power top assembly... the rams, pump, hoses, brackets etc. Mine's gutted out there, too.

I'm willing to work something out if you or somebody can help me out in this department. None of this stuff remains in California.

Travis

13. Rooster

Rooster

I've gotta wonder if any of that stuff left outside in Ohio so long would remain servicable? To be Honest, I don't know Jack about the conv. hardware but would gladly look if you can PM or email me and provide something like a factory assy drwg that I can ID the parts you need from. Oh, and a ph# so I could call ya with price of located pieces! Also, I'm pretty sure there's just that one 59 Poncho, but there's also a 61 Olds conv, and 61 Buick, would anything form them work?

Guys, there's a WEALTH of things from 40's 50's and 60's iron there. Cars, trucks and tractors of ALL description! I just noticed a 40's Stude PU for the first time on my last visit, but this place is well accessible and not all wooded. If you haven't been there before you better get moving! Word is that the crusher starts up this Monday and moves from the 70's stuff area back and sideways till it's GONE. I REally doubt the guy has Any interest in shipping unless the price is WELL worth his while, but if you can drive there, he may have it. Just not for much longer...

14. OK well... the books I got aren't very informative...

here's a pic of the ram for the top... I guess basically just anything that is back there!!!

Travis

Attached Files:

15. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Would those Buick Finned drums be worth taking?

16. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Does anyone know what's going on at Hog Heaven? I called there this morning,...the phone is disconnected. Called another local scrap yard, and the lady said that Hog Heaven's gates are locked, and that the crusher was there. She also said that she tried to buy all the cars, and the owner,(Bruce?), said," No! I'd rather crush 'em!". Anyone have an accurate update?...Frank?

17. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I'll see what I can find out.