Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Junk Yard Photo's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Several years ago Brenda and I visited a junk yard that was closing their doors and the crusher was scheduled the next week,I was looking for parts for the Ranch Wagon and I had just purchased a digital camera.

I gave Brenda the camera while I was searching for usable parts,and she strolled through the rows of wrecked and rested relics with a artistic eye and snapped this photo's that to me looked like they are suitable for framing.

I suppose beauty is where you find it,I hope you guys enjoy seeing these photo's from a few years back. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This photo was taken just before I removed it.

[​IMG]

Feel free to add your artistic images. HRP

2. Great pictures. I love the variety of cars and colors. I have to say that Ladyhrp takes great pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Funny you did this thread today. I walked through one of my favorite yards this morning over in So. Indiana. These are not artsy but fun anyway. 005.jpg 008.jpg 014.jpg 021.jpg 018.jpg

popawolf, Movinman, tofords and 8 others like this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's why they call them "grave yards". You ever wander a junk yard, see a car and wonder what happened?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, but I've wondered that same thing walking through the Wal-Mart parking lot before. :cool:

6. Alonzo "Lon" Wilson and Montana1 like this.
  7. Hey, I like the Buick porthole photo.......
    Now that's needs to be made into a large poster size print with nice frame..............

HOTRODPRIMER and Bruce Fischer like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:oops:
    Sorry Danny, I'll make it up to you.

I didn't take these photos but back about 1985 My wife and I went to the NW Nationals in Yakima Washington and just south of Toppenish we ran across this old boneyard, right next to hwy 97, man you talk about old tin, I've never seen anything like it and these shots show only a VERY small part of the place.
    Last I heard the old prop. died and it was being cleared out.
    I'm sure any of you Wa. guys know all about this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I was going across southern MO one day back in '07 and happened upon this old junk yard with a row of cars out front. I couldn't raise anybody but I got a few pictures...

IMG_5432.JPG
    IMG_5425.JPG
    IMG_5424.JPG

10. I did have it blown up and I framed the photo but now that you mention it it would make a cool poster,sorry the photo is not to focused,it's in the hall but is as bright and colorful as the first photo. HRP

8a92603b-1ccf-42b1-8b61-17e23d0ecbb8.jpg

11. Here's a few more...

IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5427.JPG
    IMG_5429.JPG

12. raven

raven

Love that shot of the portholes.
    r

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Here's some more...

IMG_5430.JPG
    IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

14. In 2008 in Florida I was looking for a 9" with a 3:25 gear, but they were closing this junk yard, so I got a few pictures...

IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2409.JPG

15. Those old car twin campers are cool,that one seems to missing the boat top.HRP

Montana1 likes this.
  16. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

This boat is a 1959 Sea Fury. I learned to water ski behind one identical to this before the burgandy paint. I would like to know where this is. I'd be tempted to go rescue it.

17. I was invited over to this famous guys place to see his junk yard. I think he said he had over 100 Mopars out in the yard. NOTHING but Mopars!
    It was a delight to see all his stuff!

IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4729.JPG
    IMG_4731.JPG

18. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

love them old junk yards I have post junk yard by me before the stuff is all gone :cool::cool: I day I was at a guys place old milk/f 300 cars truck comp stuff that you forgot about it was wow

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. It was cool! But it had a big hole in the bottom where they dropped something in it. They closed the yard in '09 and everything is gone. :(

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Took these pics south of Phoenix AZ at a yard seen on a tv show. IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1354.JPG

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  21. Why is it that junk yards are such cool places? :cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Because everything there has a story.

23. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Agreed! I find myself seeing these places and connecting with a vehicle someone I knew had or similar.
    I also think the attraction is also related to all the potential that could be there if only.........

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I bet there are no cars in my local "auto recycling emporiums" older that 1980.:(

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. And the sad part is they are disappearing at a alarming rate,man of use grew up spending a Saturday morning scrounging the local yard for the parts needed to build the hot rod we were working on,long before the 1-800 parts were available. HRP

AVater and Montana1 like this.
  26. rgdavid

rgdavid

Junk yards are not only great because of the history inside but its a place where you go, you see good stuff, buy perhaps, but above all, its a start of a dream,

HOTRODPRIMER, AVater and Montana1 like this.
  27. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

HPIM9348.JPG HPIM0667.JPG HPIM8277.JPG We miss the Saturday mornings around the big "shop built'' wood/used oil/tire fired stove & the old timers' stories about some of the cars that had gone thru their hands. Dads always brought the little boys, and if they behaved, FREE LICENSE PLATES !!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  28. I'm always amazed walking through a yard and looking at all the parts and how I can reuse them for my circumstances. I find myself saying "I can use this for..." or "That's how they did that". :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.