Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junk Yard finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8th grade genius, Dec 30, 2004.

1. palepainter

palepainter

Bring your chainsaw. But worth it. Looks like some great finds out there. The rush you get when you stumble over these findings is kind of funny. Don't know how to describe it.

Sweet stuff.
    Mike

2. GRADY

GRADY

I like the buick there...mmm

3. 10

Attached Files:

4. 11

Attached Files:

5. Ok guys here is the deal there are 442 cars here and these pics were taken yesterday. All of the cars are for sale for $500 each or less there is a lot of early ford iorn more 35-40 sedans and even a couple of coupes than I have ever seen most of these cars are parts cars at best. Some of the stuff there that I didnt get a picture of 30-31 model a coupe on its side a 1953 buick vert model a pu's more than 10 cabs a couple of beds 1939 lincoln 1940 merc sedans. Let me get the one I bought out of there and I will turn you all on to the location and the phone number.

6. carmerlin

carmerlin
    from west texas

I was told about that yard a few years back by a guy from MO. I met at Pate swap meet. He said there was 2 Willys sedans out there (40 & 41) and showed me pictures of them. Both still had the front sheetmetal. I never could make the trip and let it go. They may still be out there. Keith

7. 55olds88

55olds88

Damn thats a hot find, that coupe is an awsome buy as would the balance of the place be by the pics, some pretty rare and cool stunnf in there..

8. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me get the one I bought out of there and I will turn you all on to the location and the phone number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any old Caddy's in there? Please let me know the details!

Thanks!

9. Merge

Merge

what ever happened? anyone get cars out of this place?

10. russ whitaker

russ whitaker

Wow.....Whats the name of the yard ?

11. Thumper

Thumper

Holy shit.......500 bucks huh?......(talking to wife)...."Honey I just signed you up for Pimp my bride as contestant for the $500 round!":D

12. No shit, why's it still there?

13. Chopp47

Chopp47

This looks a lot like a yard that I went thru about 10 years ago. Same deal anything older than 60 was $500. The main problem was that the trees that had grown up around the cars. These had the biggest leaves that I have seen. All of the cars were brought in in the scrap drives during the war. All of the leaves have piled up and held moisture. I remember a 1934 coupe that had been laying on its side when it was uprighted the entire drivers side was rotted away. every car was like that. The guy would not sell parts, only complete cars.

What a Waste! If this is the same yard good luck

14. Rusty

Rusty

I got trailer ready to head out. I can probably stack two or three deep at 500 bucks a pop

15. Rusty

Rusty

Lets see 442 cars x $500 each = $221,000

Sell each one for 1,000 or more and you atleast double your money

Sounds like a bargain. How long would you have to get all cars out? My have a spare pasture to store them in and make a central Hamb salvage yard till everyones got what they want and are happy

16. flathead okie

flathead okie

17. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

18. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Did You ever get your car out?

19. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

So, a one year old post and we don't know if he got his car and never got a phone number or directions? What a tease!!! Tell us please, some of us live here and could make a Saturday trip out of it........

20. RoadrunnerRod

RoadrunnerRod

$500 a car or cheaper? Hell yeah, hook us up with some info on this place! I need to replenish my stock! :cool:

21. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

lets bring this thread back to the top I am interested in some info to sounds like a nice place if even to just look someone hook us up????!!!!!

22. Soviet

Soviet

Really? A thread from 2005? Just PM the guy...:rolleyes:

23. Hell it's liable to be gone after scrap went up so high.

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Why no directions? I mean, of any kind. And guys ASKED numerous times.

25. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

looks like old thread old news!!!!!!!!!!!

26. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I think people just make up a story and post things like this just to tease people.

27. Ok guys you got me, I made it up I staged the pics. Allright in reality I have only bought one car out of there in 5 years so here it is. The junk yard is located in Excelsior Springs Missouri. The guys last name is Brunke he owns a hardware store in Excelcior Springs. Brunke Supply Inc

423 S Thompson Ave
    Excelsior Springs, MO 64024

(816) 630-3157

This should to be good

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  28. Rad-Ride

Rad-Ride

Wow, right under my nose.... I'll be sure to check them out!

29. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

The Old man died and that place was crushed out over a year ago.

this is just another case of crap. you guys find these places and think your gonna keep it all to yourself or get it all out alone and what happens is when they start to crush the yard out you cry "we have to save them all" its to late then! If you told us where it was ASAP maybe the owner would have made some money and stayed open so we all could have a chance to build our rides instead all you do is help the Crusher get them in the end.
    next time you see a new Toyota yer looking at that 1951 chevy convert!

8th grade genius I am not directing this at you but to every one in general who finds a junkyard that still has good stuff and thinks they will have their secret junk yard forever. Thats crap

FRITZ