Register now to get rid of these ads!

junk yard cleening up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NJRATRODER, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CayoRV

CayoRV

I for one would like to thank the original poster for making us aware of this yard closing and trying to help save some iron from the crusher. I'm sorry I'm too far away to take advantage myself.
    The second comment I have will undoubtably draw some replies from those who have already chosen to flame not only the original poster of this thread but many others.
    This forum is a wonderful place to get help and insight on our projects from the vast wealth of knowledge checking in here daily. This forum also has a very poor reputation among other forums and sites on the net. I find it just as offensive to ridicule and make fun of a persons ability to communicate using proper punctuation (or blatantly calling them ignorant) as I would if they were being "flamed" for being black or asian, or perhaps handicapped in a wheelchair.
    What does any of this have to do with promoting and furthering the hobby?
    I want to defend the H.A.M.B., and I do but so with the qualification that there are always a few bad apples in every basket.
    So now my rant is over, go ahead and light me up now. I don't think I'm the only one embarrassed by some of the previous posts.

2. He posted the name & address here.. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434370 I'll admit I gave him a little crap via PM about his ad for the cars but it seemed a bit weird to me that someone would advertise 3 cars for sale for a total price of just under 5 grand today and then go on to say that if they don't sell by Monday they are gonna be crushed... Am I the only one who finds that a little strange ? He did reply that that's how the junkyard owner is and that he was just passing along the info so I do feel bad for giving him shit. I thought they were his cars.

3. Abomb

Abomb

Look, I appreciate you trying to save some cars and all. My point is, that it is very hard to understand what you were saying, and alot of people won't spend the time to decipher it. It is not that hard to slow down and be more careful with your typing.

Is it nitpicky ? Yes, I suppose it is. It really bothers me to see the number of adults who either can't properly type or spell. I went to public schools, I did not make straight A's or anything... and I'm no genius. If I can do it, just about anyone can.

I apologize to the original poster, but it still bugs the crap out of me.

4. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

me too. read this 3 times thinking i missed it. just read a bunch of stupid nonsense. name, address, phone something. thanks

wow i write a few words and you guys write paragraphs. got the address thanks

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  5. ocool25

ocool25
    from Indiana

Absolute auto
    245 mountian ave
    middlesex nj, 08846
    732 469 2202
    sat 7am to 2pm

6. 117harv

117harv

What CayoRV said, x 2.

7. Damn you guys give him shit for his typing skills but you can't read... I just posted that the info is on his other thread and gave ya a link to click on.. Let's try this ... ABSOLUTE AUTO
    245 MOUNTIAN AVE
    MIDDLESEX NJ, 08846
    732 469 2202
    SAT 7AM TO 2PM :p<!-- / message --><!-- edit note --> oops.. posted at the same time as OCOOL25

8. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

If I was closer I'd go find out what's there.

9. I have to wonder if maybe the guy is an advertising genius... Now every old car guy within 500 miles of NJ is gonna be there in line at 7am tomorrow when they open the gates.... Take lots of pics for those of us who can't make it...

10. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Ditto. Spruce grad here...

This thread makes me giggle ... I read multiple posts by people correcting this guy and making grammar mistakes yourselves ! ! !

Make great people in the Auto trade that we ourselves look up to are not the greatest writers...

11. ravedodger

ravedodger

Bingo.

12. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

I think a lot of you are to quick to start dealing out shit, then you have the followers that jump on the shit wagon, then you think about what a ass you made of yourself, and then have to apologize, or should apologize.This is the main reason I don't post much and I'm sure the reason a lot of others don't post either , fear of the ridicule , I'm 57 years old, just figured how to use spell check . Thanks I fell better now

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I m Broke and cant make it .Cars are to new for me anyway .I appreciate him telling us ,But he didn't give the address .Thanks for giving the address

14. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you have a handle here that includes the term "rat rodder" or a derivaion of it you instantly open yourself to some ridicule as those cars are despised here for all the right reasons.

Now we also have posting rules here that have been developed by Ryan and the mods after years of running this site. If your post dont fit within the rules they will be closed - its that simple.

I didnt see any where a post that was a personal attack, just comments on the difficulty of reading the post. There was even a suggestion for a way to help him improve his skills.

Now its great people post the original idea of trying to save cars and there are posts on here all the time like that. Please keep posting them.

One last thing, if you are going to take stuff to heart that is posted here or elsewhere on the forums - you will surely end up in tears. :)

15. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

No James, Thank you.

Yard opens at 7 but I get in early at 5 with you, right? I love a head start.

16. 117harv

117harv

I don't know if it is wrong? but i see many, many, HAMBers make a post and at the bottom of their post write, looking for ...... shouldn't that be posted in the wanted ads? No disrespect just wondering.

17. nutajunka

nutajunka

Figure this one out. 26 letters in the alphabet. 1,000's of part's in a car. It's all just in the way either are assembled. I would have to say thanks to James for trying. I myself use my wife for spell-check...:p

18. This thread has as much drama as an episode of a soap opera.

19. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Is there a translator in the room??

20. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Hookt on fonix werkt four mee !:d

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Who the fuck cares about puncuation! Are we not all here for cars! That is what he was trying to do is help with cars and parts and you all want to be friggin english teachers.....well fine, go buy a fiberglass bolt together car! Jim

22. Now that I would to see proven.
    I have been on many dozens of car related (and other) sites and the HAMB is by far the easiest to get on with and enjoy without TOO much drama.
    Can't even imagine what sites you must be looking at to quote what you did.. :eek:

23. Abomb

Abomb

I'm not the one who made an ass out of myself. Being straightforward and not pussyfooting around the truth is not making an ass out of oneself. It is sometimes considered rude though, which is why I apologized.

It's unfortunate that pointing out a mistake is now considered rude....maybe that's the reason people blame the school system. The public school systems just let things slide these days, because they think pointing out flaws would hurt the poor childrens feelings.

It appears as though the original poster did not have his feelings hurt by the grammer talk, but apparently other people's feelings have been hurt.

Gee, do you all think I need sensitivity training or something......

24. silent rick

silent rick

we all have to follow the rules ryan has set forth. all items for sale must have a price. no need to get upset when a moderator does his job and deletes it. the ad could have grown out of control with people responding "how much for...".
    now if he really wanted to find homes for all these cars, all he had to do was post about it on the main message board. the word is out. junkyard on the east coast closing. cars will be crushed if not sold. too many people get bent out of shape when their posts are deleted. rules are rules. we all have to follow them.

25. I don't believe he said the yard was closing. Just that some older cars were being crushed to make room. Alot of modern salvage yards do that because it's the late model wrecks that are their bread & butter. I may be wrong.

26. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i'll see if i can help your classified dilemna. when you are listing a lot of things in one add,it's acceptable in the price at the top to put" price in add" and then list each item with a price.
    i think the reason your adds are being deleted is because the price 100 to 5000 is not a price as per hamb rules.
    edit your add to say" price in add"

when listing one item,it is not acceptable to put"price in add"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  27. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Thanks for the info. Sorry about all the assholes that have nothing else to do.

28. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

i went to school for the shop class......and cheerleaders.

29. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

So there were old cars/ parts up for sale and no one showed up to buy any?
    Thats typical... If its a little to hard to help save a few parts/ cars people blow it off.
    Even when its a hobby, and is ment to be fun, people cant get off there lazy asses.

30. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

And not always in that order..:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.