Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects juniors 32 5w coupe build thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by juniorsrodshop, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

Have fun with your build. I also have a 2 door in similar shape that I plan to build as soon as I find enough body parts.;)

2. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

i have had this build in mind for quite sometime... hahahha:D cant wait to get that steering box all mocked up in place!

3. dave is a real good guy to have in your corner. im excited to see this car progress.

4. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

Yeah daves a real good guy he's know my father for years... He's helped me out with some parts(and knowledge) seeing it's not swap meet season out here it's real hard to source parts but between him, rich Willett and many others I have been able to get most of my odds and ends taken care of.

5. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i love these back from the dead 32 coupe builds!!!!

6. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

Went down to visit my friend brad over on the seacoast today ended up working a trade out for this nice original 32 insert!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it me or are people more willing to barter and trade these days compared to say, 5 years ago? Nice project- the grille insert will make a nice addition and that flatty is beautiful!

8. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

What mopar box are you using? Which years and models of mopar boxes work good for the cowl steering? Thanks.

9. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

Yes definitly alot of guys won't sell stuff for cash they would rather workout a trade... It doesn't make sense to me I would rather sell stuff than trade.

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i think a lot of people are willing to trade lately. i guess it's a way to get what you want without taking a bath on the value of the item you want to sell.

this is gonna be a cool car. can't wait to see it come together.

11. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

I want to say 62-82?? I'm not 100% on the 82.

12. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Thanks for the info. I have two 32 5Ws that im gathering parts for to start the builds. I'LL be watching your progress. You have a good start.

13. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

yeah if you do some research on the steering box youll find a good amount of info online. i couldnt imagine doing two hahah i have enough on my plate with one! once i get my frame ill be able to start making this come together!

14. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

purchased some more parts for the project today... still waiting on frame rails and patch panels. got some kelsey hayes 16" bent spoke wire wheels for the front and a 37 complete banjo rear end off of dave simard today... i originally planned on going open drive with this car but i have changed my mind to running a torque tube with a stock 32 k member. also purchased some 17" bent spokes off a fellow hamber they should hopefully be in by the end of the week!
    [​IMG]
    16s
    [​IMG]
    17s need a good blasting but should clean up nice
    [​IMG]

15. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

got the frame rails in last week didnt get a chance til yesterday to mess around with them... i have a customer cor on the frame table so i just did a little mock up. i ended up getting a stock 32 k member and im going to run my unsplit wishbones that i have. (axle a perch pins are mock up i was too lazy to go in the basement and dig my heavy axle out ;))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

frame should be rolling by next weekend!!!

16. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

so good richie.

17. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

You got a pm with a link to the drawing :)

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ooooooo.....how did I miss this. Very cool project man, I love a wire wheeled '32 with a nice looking flathead nestled down in between the rails.

I'm going to subscribe to this thread because I know I'll need it later on for my own project.

19. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

Thanks! I ended up getting some motor wire bent spoke 16" fronts to match the rears there a 36 spoke instead of a 40 spoke like the kelseys I originally planned on running.

Today's update just got back from richie wilietts shop the Columbia is all rebuilt and ready to go the rear end will be together this week and I picked up a 35-40 rear crossmember yesterday up in Maine so I have everything for the chassis now!

20. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Great Build!! Subscribed!

21. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

so today i went and picked up my columbia two speed from richie willet its all good to go! (ends of tubes still have duct tape on the seal/bearing surfaces from being blasted)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh yeah and friday i had the local suspension shop make me a reversed eye main leaf for my 32 spring(had two made to put one on the shelf)
    [​IMG]

22. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

front crossmembers in. k member is mostly in all the 5/16 rivets are in. and rear member is being blasted by a local friend. still need to shorten the torque tube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:D

23. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

lookin good, love the columbia!

e-tek likes this.
  24. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

25. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

yeah i have always loved columbias, i really got to learn them in and out with this one!

26. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

flatened the rear 40 crossmember yesterday. waiting on trans mount and motor mounts from drake.
    [​IMG]
    still need to cut down to size to fit in the 32 rails.
    [​IMG]

27. In the first shot i smelled bondo, but now for sure i know you're buildin' a damn fine car... congrats

Greets, Carsten

28. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

got the motor sitting in place, tranny is all mounted up. i need to make motor mounts this week. then im jumping on shortening the torque tube and getting the rear crossmember in... ordered the rear tires last week to!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. rockguy13

rockguy13

Looks like a good start to a nice rod

30. Great parts collection. Will be interesting to see it evolve during construction.

Thanks for sharing..